Showtime Brings Smithsonian to Television
- GAO Issues Review of Smithsonian-Showtime Venture. White, Lee // Perspectives on History;Feb2007, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p13
The article reports that the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) has issued its congressionally mandated review of the controversial television venture between the Smithsonian Institution and Showtime Networks Inc. in December 2006. The GAO report shows that Smithsonian Institution has...
- SHOWTIME SLATE SHIFT. LEVINE, STUART // Daily Variety;7/30/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 19, p6
The article reports that there will be slate shift for television programs at Showtime Networks Inc. in the U.S.
- Thomson huddles with CBS on hi-def. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;08/21/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 35, p14
Focuses on the deal between CBS Entertainment and Thomson Consumer Electronics to underwrite the high-definition television (HDTV) broadcast of games in the United States. Terms of the deal; Sponsorship of several CBS HDTV broadcast by Thomson; Efforts of Thomson to tie a promotional offer into...
- We want our Gay TV. Meers, Erik // Advocate;3/5/2002, Issue 858, p56
Reports the partnership between the television broadcasting companies Showtime and Music Television to create a gay cable channel in the U.S. Benefits and disadvantages of the gay channel; Details on television programs concerning the homosexuals; Launch of PrideVision, a gay television in Canada.
- U.S. Producers Find Their Own Reality. Sternberg, Scott // Broadcasting & Cable;6/9/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 23, p38
The author reflects on the effort of U.S. television producers in looking for their own reality entertainment genre. He asserts that the country has been dominated by European reality formats. He claims that U.S. television networks has developed formats of their own celebrity reality genre,...
- Cable, Broadcast Unite. O'Steen, Kathleen // Television Week;9/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p19
Focuses on the partnership between cable operators and broadcasters in distributing programs on The Warner Bros. (WB) network in the U.S. Background on the relationship between broadcasters and cable companies; Details of the distribution arrangement between The WB and cable operators; Benefits...
- Showtime finds faith. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;7/13/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 6, p1
The article reports that the religion-themed drama "Revelation" is in development by Showtime Networks Inc. in the U.S. Created by David Janollari and Craig Wright, the hour-long television drama is about an unconventional minister who moved in Texas with his two teens following the death of his...
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p40
Presents a list of television programs and movies to be offered on subscription video-on-demand service of cable networks across the U.S. in January 2004. Offerings of Home Box Office; Programs from Showtime Networks Inc.; Movies to be aired by Starz Encore Group LLC.
- Emmy gets an i-Full. Frankel, Daniel // Daily Variety;3/4/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 43, p1
The article reports that Showtime Networks Inc. will offer of its full episodes television (TV) series to U.S. voters of the 2009 Emmy TV academy through the iPhone and the iPodTouch mobile devices. It cites that voters for the Emmy will now have a chance to access and vote for their favorite...