Nat Geo Seeks Impact
- FROM MUTT TO BEST IN SHOW. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/24/2006, Vol. 403 Issue 9, p15
The article highlights the television series Dog Whisperer, featuring Cesar Millan. He is the self-taught expert on the behavior of dogs, and in less than two years, his series has vaulted to the top of the Nielsen pyramid on the National Geographic Channel. Nat Geo has not only renewed Dog...
- PERFORMANCE TRACKER. Ryan, Leslie // Television Week;6/9/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p34
Presents several charts on prime-time television program ratings in the U.S. for the week May 26 to June 1, 2003.
- RATINGS | March 22-28. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 15, p13
Provides information on the ratings of several syndicated television programs in the U.S. for the week of March 22 through 28, 2004.
- Reality programming's no savior for networks. Dunning, Chuck // Electronic Media;04/02/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p9
Argues that reliance alone on reality-based programming can be a fatal error on the part of United States television networks. Foundation of the strength of the network business; Impending danger of a writer's strike; Need for quality scripted-series programming.
- Syndies step into action. Pursell, Chris // Variety;03/13/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 4, p35
Discusses United States television networks' continuous showing of television programs in 2001. Successful returning action shows; Estimated foreign money guaranteed for a project; Idea for an action hour.
- NIELSEN REPORT. // Daily Variety;8/25/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 37, p6
Presents a chart depicting the ratings of various television programs on different networks in the U.S. as of August 2004.
- NET'S SUMMER HEAT. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;08/10/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the top-rating television programs in the United States during the 2000 summer season. Popularity of the reality-based shows `Survivor and `Big Brother' from CBS Inc.; United Paramount Network's strategy of keeping its `WWF Smackdown!' in originals all yearlong; Age demographic that...
- Eye's 'Bette' pays off in big ratings. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/13/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the successful television premier of the CBS' 'Bette,' in October 11, 2000. Nielsen ratings of the television program; Average viewers; Performance of other television programs.
- 'Mole' not enough to boost Alphabet. // Daily Variety;03/01/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 63, p5
Reports that the February 27, 2001 episode of ABC's 'The Mole' television program averaged 13.24 million viewers and a timeslot-winning 5.4/14 in the key demo of adults 18-49, according to Nielsen. Total ratings garnered by major TV networks; Ratings for several TV programs.