Stirring a Programming Melting Pot
- How to survive a new CEO. Kennedy, Marilyn Moats // Across the Board;Jan1994, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p10
Describes corporate planning in coping with a new chief executive officer (CEO). Start with research; Anticipation of CEO's information needs; Presentation of agenda; Importance of attitudes.
- Tightrope walkers. Deans, Alan // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/26/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6352, p66
Reports on under-performing chief executive officers of Australia in the year 2002. Reasons for the under performance of chief executives; Business strategies of the chief executives for the survival of their business.
- DILBERT. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Aug2013, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p16
The comic strip "Dilbert" is presented in which the cartoon chief executive officer suggests a business plan to improve stock prices that had already been done the previous year which failed to improve the company over the long run.
- Chief executives remain upbeat about globalization. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/4/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p19
Reports on the result of the survey on the attitude of chief executive officers in response to the challenging economic environment in the U.S. Preservation of the activities they believed important for the competitiveness of the company; Optimism on the impact of globalization for economic and...
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. // Orange County Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p8
Reports developments in California as of February 2003. Termination of chief executive officer Kathy Bronstein by Wet Seal Inc.; Cancellation of library construction plan resulting from state budget deficits; Consolidation of a business unit by Conexant Systems Inc.
- Broadcom's Executive Search Stalls; Could Ross Stay on? Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;12/8/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the challenges faced by Broadcom Corp. in searching for a replacement for the chief executive position vacated by Henry Nicholas in Orange County, California. Factors considered in selecting a candidate for the position; Impact of the company's personnel on the operations; Details on...
- Planning Trees: A CEO's Guide Through the Corporate Planning Maze. Rubin, Leonard R. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct84, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p66
Focuses on the impact of corporate planning system on chief executive officers and planners. Effects of lack of communication on planners; Benefits of the Planning Tree system on chief executive officers; Ineffective use of the corporate planning systems.
- STOP PRESS. // Marketing (00253650);3/21/2002, p2
Reports business developments in Great Britain as of March 2002. Launch of adventure travel packages of Tesco; Selection of chief executive officer David Hearn Cordiant Communications; Recruitment of Laird & Partners as global advertising agency of Gap.
- From CEO to MVP. Woodward, Jason // Public Relations Strategist;Summer2011, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p6
The article offers the most important traits for chief executive officers (CEO) including the understanding of the global business, changing the strategies and business models, and managing relationships skillfully with governments.