- BellSouth plugs in to TV. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;6/17/96, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p12
Reports on BellSouth Corp.'s launching of a cable system in the Atlanta suburb of Chamblee, Georgia. System as a challenge to Scripps Howard; BellSouth's interloper rights into the region; Features of BellSouth's cable system.
- BellSouth brings television viewers a new cable option. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/24/97, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p14
Reports that the New Orleans became the first market to be served by BellSouth Corp.'s wireless television system. BellSouth Corp.'s competitors in New Orleans; Statement of Loyd Daniel, general manager at BellSouth Entertainment on the cable television business; Features and capacity of...
- Ready, set, CATV. Krapf, Eric // America's Network;8/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 16, p40
Reports that BellSouth is set to build its first cable television network in Daniel Island, South Carolina. Construction of homes in the island; Provision of telephony and video through networks.
- Bellsouth makes progress with CATV plans. // Telephony;11/04/96, Vol. 231 Issue 19, p48
Reports on Bellsouth Corp.'s commercial cable television services. Availability of the cable services to residents in Daniel Island, South Carolina; Cable service soon to be available in Saint John's Village, Florida; Holding of video and cable modem trial in Chamblee, Gainesville.
- Limited by video dial tone, BellSouth chooses CATV. Lindstrom, Annie // Telephony;7/24/95, Vol. 229 Issue 4, p1
Report that BellSouth outlined plans to provide cable television and telephony services via separate networks for businesses and residences for a new development on Daniel Island, South Carolina. Channel requests from programmers; Plans to have its networks ready by early 1996; Construction of...
- Phonezilla! Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/13/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on the potential effect of the merger between BellSouth and AT&T on the cable television industry. Criticism expressed by cable operators on the national franchise awarded to telephone companies to enter the cable industry's core business of video services; Technologies deployed by...
- CABLE ON THE DEFENSIVE â€¦ AGAIN. Paskowski, Marianne // Television Week;3/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p8
The article deals with the response of U.S. cable operators to the proposed acquisition of BellSouth by AT&T. The cable is playing a defense game. For now, the National Cable & Telecommunications Association has its hands full trying to create a level playing ground for all and is trying to...
- AT&T/BellSouth. // CableFAX Daily;3/7/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the opinion of investment bankers regarding the acquisition of BellSouth by AT&T. Impact of the deal on Comcast; Prediction by UBS and Oppenheimer concerning the operations of BellSouth; Implication of the deal on the cable industry.
- Level 3, Indies Now Takeover Targets. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p29
Highlights the possibility that the acquisition of BellSouth Corp. by AT&T Inc. if approved by the U.S. Federal Communication Commission would trigger a new round of acquisition among competitors. Implications of the acquisition deal for the cable TV industry in the country; Differences in the...