TiVo's Going Mobile
- Distribution of Video-on-Demand Service over Cable Television Networks. Jordanova, Lidia T.; Nenkov, Jordan I. // Radioengineering;Jun2009, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p242
The paper deals with investigations carried out to increase the effectiveness of video-on-demand (VoD) systems when cable television networks are used. A comparative analysis of the existing VoD architectures is made with respect to the equipment cost and the traffic load over the central...
- VID ON DEMAND TALK OF CONFAB. McClintock, Pamela; Dempsey, John // Variety;5/13/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 13, p17
Highlights the video-on-demand issue discussed at the 2002 National Cable Television Association's confab in New Orleans, Louisiana. Concerns of the television broadcasting industry over the personal video recorder of TiVo Inc.; Comparison of the TiVo recorder and VOD; Views of Bob Iger,...
- Analyst: TiVo Pursuing New Partners. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/22/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p8
The article reports on the transition of TiVo from a set-top firm to one that is licensing its software to satellite and cable companies in the U.S., which is pursuing new partners for its technology according to Merriman Capital managing director Mark Harding.
- Finance briefs. // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p42
Reports on the financial performance of cable television companies in the United States as of November 1, 1999. Includes TiVo Inc.'s financial performance for the third quarter of its fiscal year 1999; Mediacom LLC's acquisition of Zylstra Communications Corp.
- TiVo Opens Up Two New Boxes for Cable. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p90
The article reports on the move of TiVo Inc. to offer multiple system operators (MSOs) and enhanced its iPad application to integrate with cable video services as its aims to win business from cable operators in the U.S.
- Cablers Seeking Model for VOD. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/24/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p24
Reports on the effort of the cable television industry in the U.S. to create a sustainable economic model for video-on-demand (VOD). VOD services offered by cable networks; Failure of programmers and distributors to set a business model for the subscription of the service; Importance of...
- Cable Firms Experiment With 'Ad Friendly' VOD. Blum, Laura; McClellan, Steve // Brandweek;9/25/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 35, p22
The article reports on advertising-friendly video-on-demand (VOD) in cable television in the U.S. Cable companies are conducting trials to test the viability of so-called dynamic insertion technology, which gives advertisers the ability to change commercials in VOD programming a day in advance....
- AnÃ¡lisis de TrÃ¡fico para un Servicio de VÃdeo bajo Demanda sobre Redes HFC usando el Protocolo RTMP. Campo, Wilmar Y.; Arciniegas, Jose L.; García, Roberto; Melendi, David // InformaciÃ³n TecnolÃ³gica;2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p37
In this paper, the analysis, statistical characterization and modeling of a video on demand (VoD) service running on a cable network HFC (Hybrid Fiber Coaxial) is presented. Audio and video services produce a high consumption of resources on the network infrastructure. Thus, it is necessary to...
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;10/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 199, p2
Reports on the decision of cable television networks TVN and Fox Cable Nets to expand their video on demand agreement in the U.S.