TiVo's Going Mobile
- VID ON DEMAND TALK OF CONFAB. McClintock, Pamela; Dempsey, John // Variety;5/13/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 13, p17
Highlights the video-on-demand issue discussed at the 2002 National Cable Television Association's confab in New Orleans, Louisiana. Concerns of the television broadcasting industry over the personal video recorder of TiVo Inc.; Comparison of the TiVo recorder and VOD; Views of Bob Iger,...
- Analyst: TiVo Pursuing New Partners. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/22/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p8
The article reports on the transition of TiVo from a set-top firm to one that is licensing its software to satellite and cable companies in the U.S., which is pursuing new partners for its technology according to Merriman Capital managing director Mark Harding.
- Finance briefs. // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p42
Reports on the financial performance of cable television companies in the United States as of November 1, 1999. Includes TiVo Inc.'s financial performance for the third quarter of its fiscal year 1999; Mediacom LLC's acquisition of Zylstra Communications Corp.
- TiVo Opens Up Two New Boxes for Cable. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p90
The article reports on the move of TiVo Inc. to offer multiple system operators (MSOs) and enhanced its iPad application to integrate with cable video services as its aims to win business from cable operators in the U.S.
- OPERATORS PIN HOPES ON LOCAL CONTENT. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/24/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p24
Reports on the importance of local content in the marketing of video-on-demand (VOD) service of cable television in the U.S. Efforts of cable networks to pursue local content development to complement their on-demand platforms; Phillyvision model of Comcast for its VOD customers in...
- Cablers Seeking Model for VOD. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/24/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p24
Reports on the effort of the cable television industry in the U.S. to create a sustainable economic model for video-on-demand (VOD). VOD services offered by cable networks; Failure of programmers and distributors to set a business model for the subscription of the service; Importance of...
- VOD:. // CableFAX Daily;4/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 66, p2
Reports on the addition of cable television networks HBO, Cinema and Showtime in the customers of Rentrak of its video-on-demand performance data.
- Cable Firms Experiment With 'Ad Friendly' VOD. Blum, Laura; McClellan, Steve // Brandweek;9/25/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 35, p22
The article reports on advertising-friendly video-on-demand (VOD) in cable television in the U.S. Cable companies are conducting trials to test the viability of so-called dynamic insertion technology, which gives advertisers the ability to change commercials in VOD programming a day in advance....
- VOD, Time-Shifting Click With Viewers. // Multichannel News;12/26/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p5
Several graphs are presented including the total video-on-demand orders (VOD), VOD forecast and cable and broadcast audience shares in the U.S.