How to motivate warehouse workers
- Thriving in an Economic Downturn. Mikitka, Michael J. // Material Handling Management;Mar2009, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p4
The article offers strategies on how the members of the Warehousing Education and Research Council (WERC) keep their business competitive amidst the current economic downturn in the U.S. One is to manage employees with consideration and respect to maintain productivity. Another is to examine the...
- Nightmare in the year 2000. Mans, Jack // Dairy Foods;Mar1998, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p71
Reports that a ten page report has been written by th Warehousing Education and Research Council (WERC) to provide an appreciation of the year 2000 compliance. Indepth look at how companies can prepare for the year 2000; Discussion on the identification of solutions; Examination of year 2000...
- WERC: An association of distribution professionals. Murray, Robert E. // Transportation & Distribution;Jan97, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p86
Features the Warehousing Education and Research Council (WERC), a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to improving warehousing through research, educational programs and publications addressing management techniques and technological advancements. Organizational structure; WERC's programs and...
- Secure your career-Redefine your warehouse. Andel, Tom // Transportation & Distribution;Jun97, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p113
Focuses on the 20th annual Conference of the Warehousing Education and Research Councils which looked at the need of setting more frontiers in warehousing. Information on the joining of forces to create different types of distribution; Examination into the role of warehousing and distribution...
- Association news. // Material Handling Engineering;Sep97, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the naming of officers of the Warehousing Education and Research Council.
- why motivational theories don't work. Kovach, Kenneth A. // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Spring80, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p54
Analyzes the problems in employee motivation. Things that considered important to the jobs of employees; Effort done by managers to improve worker's motivation.
- Motivational performance. Condry, John // Executive Excellence;Jun98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p13
Explains the role of managers in putting a performance motivation system. Levels of employee self-esteem; Steps towards an effective motivational performance system.
- Motivating People. Finkelstein, James A. // Executive Excellence;Apr2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
Discusses four dimensions involved in motivating employees. Environment; Culture; Development; Rewards.
- Motivation Strategy. Stern, Gerry; Borcia, Yvette // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on personnel management strategies to motivate employees. Recognition of business scenarios that erode motivation; Suggestion to implement economic rewards to motivate employees; Offering of opportunities for career growth.