How to motivate warehouse workers
- Thriving in an Economic Downturn. Mikitka, Michael J. // Material Handling Management;Mar2009, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p4
The article offers strategies on how the members of the Warehousing Education and Research Council (WERC) keep their business competitive amidst the current economic downturn in the U.S. One is to manage employees with consideration and respect to maintain productivity. Another is to examine the...
- WERC: An association of distribution professionals. Murray, Robert E. // Transportation & Distribution;Jan97, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p86
Features the Warehousing Education and Research Council (WERC), a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to improving warehousing through research, educational programs and publications addressing management techniques and technological advancements. Organizational structure; WERC's programs and...
- Secure your career-Redefine your warehouse. Andel, Tom // Transportation & Distribution;Jun97, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p113
Focuses on the 20th annual Conference of the Warehousing Education and Research Councils which looked at the need of setting more frontiers in warehousing. Information on the joining of forces to create different types of distribution; Examination into the role of warehousing and distribution...
- Nightmare in the year 2000. Mans, Jack // Dairy Foods;Mar1998, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p71
Reports that a ten page report has been written by th Warehousing Education and Research Council (WERC) to provide an appreciation of the year 2000 compliance. Indepth look at how companies can prepare for the year 2000; Discussion on the identification of solutions; Examination of year 2000...
- Association news. // Material Handling Engineering;Sep97, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the naming of officers of the Warehousing Education and Research Council.
- Motivation Strategy. Stern, Gerry; Borcia, Yvette // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on personnel management strategies to motivate employees. Recognition of business scenarios that erode motivation; Suggestion to implement economic rewards to motivate employees; Offering of opportunities for career growth.
- Retaining Top Talent. Zingheim, Patricia K. // Executive Excellence;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
Provides six principles in developing a reward system to enhance employee performance. Creation of a positive and natural reward incentive; Alignment of rewards with business goals to create a win-win partnership; Recognition of individual ongoing value with base pay.
- Modern leadership is a motivation matter. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p13
Reports on survey findings indicating a moderate level of motivation among employees in Great Britain, as of November 1997. Lesser identification of employees with their companies; Growing sense of insecurity in workplaces; Role of leadership in motivating employees. INSET: Soundbites..
- Motivating employees. // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on motivating employees. Work culture and environment; Use of incentives in motivating employees; Incentives directed at individuals or groups.