N.Y.S. Republicans to push for cut in corporation tax
- NY Republicans look to ride election wave. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;11/10/97, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p4
Focuses on New York Republicans victories in the mayoral race, while highlighting what these victories could mean for the party as the 1998 campaigns gets started. What are the views of experts; Information on poll results; Comments by Hank Morris, Democratic strategist.
- It's all in the transition. Walcott, James; Kelly, Michael // New Yorker;1/9/95, Vol. 70 Issue 43, p26
Reports on the meetings of New York's newly elected Republican governor George Pataki to discuss the transition of government. Holding of the meetings in exclusive clubs in New York; Meaning of the term twofering; Guests in the meetings.
- Rudy and Lazio: the vision thing. // Crain's New York Business;11/13/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p8
Criticizes the leadership of the New York Republican Party. Need for the city government to improve tax cuts, welfare reform, and other things discussed in the campaigns of various political candidates; Failure of New York Republicans to articulate a coherent philosophy to distinguish...
- One very new Republican. // New Yorker;6/13/94, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p37
Introduces Elizabeth McCaughey, Republican nominee for lieutenant governor in New York. Family; Ascent in state politics; Stance on the healthcare issue; Answer when asked how she planned to support herself and her family during her candidacy.
- Pataki snubs Harlem's Black Republicans. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;9/12/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 37, p5
Reports on the failure of Governor George Pataki to honor an invitation on the relaunching of the Harlem Republican Club in New York City. Designation of his daughter to represent in the celebration; Salutation over the revival of the club; Description of the organization operations.
- Stick with Me . . . // Time;5/4/1962, Vol. 79 Issue 18, p26
The article focuses on Dinner Chairman Salvatore Malone where he had given a silver dollar to each diner as a token and New York's Governor Nelson Rockefeller stated that it pays to bind on the Republican Party during his speech in the 100 dollar plate fund raising dinner for 1,640 Nassau County...
- Playing Fair in New York. // Christian Science Monitor;12/21/99, Vol. 92 Issue 19, p10
Editorial. Discusses the Republican Party's presidential nomination system in New York State.
- Education & careers briefs. J.M. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/01/98, Vol. 45 Issue 22, p53
Reports on developments in the education and political sectors in Long Island, New York State as of June 1, 1998. Nassau Community College's receipt of a $433,336 check from Long Island Lighting Co.; Partnership between Long Island Head Start and New York Institute of Technology; Molloy...
- Essex County endorses Doheny for Congress. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/13/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 113, p1
The article reports on the move by the Essex County Republican Party to endorse Matt Doheny as their candidate in the 23rd Congressional District in New York.
- Marc Molinaro is the GOP's official candidate for Dutchess County Executive. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/16/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p5
The article reports that Assemblyman Marc Molinaro was chosen as the official candidate of the Republican Party (GOP) for Dutchess County Executive.