First Lady unveils fiscal 1999 federal budget for D.C
- Unified Budget Would Spread Security Revenue. Pemberton, Miriam // Foreign Policy in Focus;6/29/2010, p5
A reprint of the article "Unified Budget Would Spread Security Revenue," by Miriam Pemberton, originally published in "Defense News," is presented. The article focuses on the National Security Strategy pitched by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at the Brookings Institution. When asked...
- Hillary Watch. // Human Events;3/4/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p16
Presents updates on the activities of U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton as of March 4, 2002. Highlights of her visit to Israel; Her decision to join U.S. First Lady Laura Bush to promote a program that allow professionals to enter the teaching field without going through traditional teacher...
- The view from the Oval Office. Walsh, Kenneth T.; Auster, Bruce B. // U.S. News & World Report;1/29/96, Vol. 120 Issue 4, p32
Offers excerpts from a conversation with United States President Bill Clinton. How Hillary Rodham Clinton's law-firm billing records turned up in the White House book room; Wage and job security; His differences with Republican congressional leaders; The budget and the economy; Bosnia; Other issues.
- THE TECHNOLOGY TIME BOMB. Wright, Robert // New Republic;3/29/93, Vol. 208 Issue 13, p25
Comments on First Lady Hillary Clinton's views on the health care crisis in the U.S. in 1993. Tough decisions recommended by Clinton to remedy the health care crisis; Health care reform initiatives started by the Clinton administration; Confines of the administration's task force on healthcare...
- Hillary Watch. // Human Events;1/10/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p10
Presents updates on U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton as of 2005. Ranking of Clinton in a popularity poll conducted by the magazine "USA Today"; View on ways the U.S. can assist the government of Ukraine after its election; Decision of Colin Powell not to compete with Clinton for the Senatorial...
- Promises, Promises. Gross, Daniel; Stone, Daniel // Newsweek;3/10/2008, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p18
The article reports the costs of the 2008 U.S. presidential candidates' campaign promises on legislation they would enact in office, specifically noting those of Democrats Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton and Republican John McCain. Costs are reported for Obama's and Clinton's plans for health...
- Through a glass darkly. Grace, Kevin Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/11/96, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p29
Reports that Hillary Rodham Clinton has discovered the awful truth about herself. Her statement in the February 26, 1996 issue of the `New Yorker,' that she apparently reminds some people of their mother-in-law, their boss, or another unpleasant person.
- What I hope to do as First Lady. Anthony, Carl Sferrazza // Good Housekeeping;Jan1993, Vol. 216 Issue 1, p96
Interviews Hillary Clinton who speaks frankly about her husband's new administration, her family, and her remarkable life. What her work as First Lady will focus on; Her accomplishments thus far; Her primary goal as First Lady; Her family background; Educational background; Clinton's daughter...
- Jubilant greeting. // Jet;11/04/96, Vol. 90 Issue 25, p18
Presents a photograph of United States first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton with school children in November 1996. The greeting received by children at the Helene Grant Elementary School in New Haven, Connecticut where Clinton spoke.