New York City's Giuliani proposes saving surplus for darker days
- N.Y.C. Council, Mayor Wrangle Over Tax Cuts and Spending. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;05/31/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31150, p5
Reports that New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani and members of the City Council are nearing the end of 2002 budget negotiations. Debate over tax cuts and spending on cultural institutions and programs; Giuliani's plan to reduce the personal income tax surcharge.
- DCA Slashed $14M in Mayor's Prelim Budget. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;02/02/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p3
Reports that the budget plan of New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani would leave minimal support for the Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA). Estimated overall cut to the DCA budget; Budget allocated for the Lincoln Center; Amount of budget cuts received by the Cultural Institutions Group.
- Giuliani's Last Budget: $39.3 Billion. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p1
Reports the proposed budget of Mayor Rudolph Giuliani for fiscal 2002 in New York, New York. Inclusion of school construction in the proposal; Total amount of the preliminary 10-year capital plan; Percentage afforded to educational purposes; Allocation for environmental protection, housing and...
- Painful city budget makes progress toward balance. Townsend, Alair A. // Crain's New York Business;5/1/95, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p9
Opinion. Comments on the measures taken by New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani to balance the city's budget. Projected increase of local taxes and miscellaneous revenues by 1996; Debt service increases; Anticipated budget relief and direct aid from Albany and Washington; Establishment of a...
- Mayor uses cutting words. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;5/1/95, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p38
Reports on New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's budget proposal for fiscal 1996. Decreased spending; Tax cuts; Funds to be lost by social services, education and health; Giuliani's withdrawal from his plan to reduce taxes for condominiums and cooperative apartments.
- Rudy's final anti-culture, anti-children and anti-poor budget. Tatum, Wilberta A. // New York Amsterdam News;12/6/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 49, p1
Editorial. Comments on the city budget management of Rudy Guiliani of New York. Implications of massive budget cuts; Inadequacy of budget for the homeless; Role of the City Council.
- For Giuliani, it's lying time. // New York Amsterdam News;5/13/95, Vol. 86 Issue 19, p12
Editorial. Comments on New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's justification of budget cuts that he promoted which will negatively impact the quality of life of the city's poor. Success of the Grand Central Partnership as allegedly due to illegal handling of the homeless and derelict poor who...
- New York City Council, Mayor Strike Deal on Budget, Tax Cut. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;06/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31156, p38
Reports the budget approval for the New York City Council in New York. Comments of Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani on the budget negotiations; Conditions in the budget negotiations; Reliance of the capital plans on debts.
- City council's budget plan. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/30/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30609, p1
Reports on the response of New York City Council to Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's budget proposal for 1999. Sale of bonds; Share of payments from the settlement with tobacco companies.