Colorado gubernatorial candidate plans to speed up highway projects
- Schoettler's work nixes need for full-time position. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p20
Deals with the accomplishment of Ambassador Gail Schoettler at the World Radiocommunication Conference 2000.
- The Information Boards Really Need. Bloxham, Eleanor // NACD Directorship;Dec2005, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p14
The article presents the views of board members in the U.S. on information. E. Norman Veasey, former Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court, says that complete understanding is significant in board information. U.S. Senator George Mitchell, chairman of the Disney board, observed that there...
- Not all freeways need lead to L.A. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;07/06/98, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p5
Opinion. Compares highway planning in Los Angeles and San Diego, California and Tucson, Arizona. Concerns over traffic problems in Los Angeles; Steps taken in San Diego to avoid these problems; Similarity between the growth characteristics of San Diego and Tucson.
- Highway plan detoured. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;7/31/95, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p22
Informs about the plan of Congress and the New York City Mayor Giuliani to tear down a newly constructed stretch of the West Side Highway and rebuild it alongside Donald Trump's planned Riverside South development.
- New state bank hits a bump in South Carolina start-up. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/02/98, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p13
Provides information on the highway project being financed by the Carolina Infrastructure Bank. Financial information on the project; Detailed information on the benefits of the project; Information on the company that was selected to do the construction work.
- Hungary is hungry for projects. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/02/98, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p16
Provides information on the need for two additional trans-European roadways in Hungary. Financial information on the project; Comments from Attila Repassy, general manager of the North-East Hungarian Motor Way Development and Operating Company; Information on other projects that are underway.
- Province plans rugged route. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/02/98, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p19
Provides information on plans to build a 14-mile, two-lane gravel road linking the Nisga's Indian community of Kincolith in British Columbia with the provincial high system. Financial information on the highway; Comments from Angela Buckingham, who manages environmental review for the...
- Management and administration. // Public Roads;Winter95, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p39
Presents various news and developments regarding the management and administration of public roads in the United States as of winter 1995. Includes the interagency research and development collaboration between the Federal Highway Administration and the National Aeronautics and Space...
- Arena ramp options take more twists. Servas, Lois // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/1/95, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the additional plans for an access road to Grand Rapids, Michigan. Construction of a US 131 off-ramp; Presentation of the plans to members of the Heartside Planning Coalition; Features of the plan.