Connecticut's governor to request a bigger, earlier cut in gasoline tax
- Rowland budget gets down to the business of governing. Duby, Christopher Y. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/27/95, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p5
Highlights Connecticut Governor John Rowland's budget address delivered on February 5, 1995. Reduction of corporate tax rate; Welfare system; Criticisms on the budget.
- Proposed gasoline tax cut fuels widespread concerns. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/3/97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p3
Features the proposal of Connecticut Governor John Rowland to cut the gasoline tax. Concerns over the issue; Effect of the tax cut to the state's annual revenue; Mass-transit per capita of Connecticut; Budget of the state for 1997-1998; Supporters of the gas tax.
- Rowland's budget proposals (revisited). Duby, Christopher Y. // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/10/95, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p4
Opinion. Criticizes Connecticut Governor John Rowland's budget proposals. Offer of only a corporate income tax cut and a few vague promises about reducing crime; Shelving of campaign pledge to cut personal income taxes.
- A cold and crowded hall in Hartford. Duby, Christopher Y. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/27/95, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p4
Opinion. Comments on the speech made by Connecticut Governor John Rowland on February 15, 1995 at the Hall of the state House of Representatives. Cutting of taxes; Elimination of government bureaucracy; Education as the highest priority.
- For critics, governor's agenda doesn't add up. Duby, Christopher // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p1
Reports on Connecticut Governor John Rowland's State of the State speech on February 7, 1996. Issues the speech tackled; Recognition of General Assembly's efforts for passage of law in 1995; Details of governor's urban agenda to revitalize cities; Reaction of lawmakers to Rowland's speech.
- Rowland lauds SACIA input for his transportation initiatives. Hegarty, Liam // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/20/98, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p10
Discusses resolution to traffic problems proposed by Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland during his address at the Southwestern Area Commerce and Industry Association conference. Explanation of `changed rider behavior' proposal; Reason given why the efforts to address transportation issues...
- Teacher tax. // Teacher Magazine;May/Jun95, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p10
Criticizes Connecticut Governor John Rowland concerning his proposed budget that would charge educators an annual fee for the opportunity to work in public schools. Range of fees; Funds to be raised from the initiative.
- Easing the tax burden. Fisher, Kelly // AHA News;3/20/95, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p2
Reports that hospital leaders in Connecticut are demanding an equitable alternative to the 17% provider tax proposed in Governor John G. Rowland's budget. Features of the bill; Contention that the proposed bill is unconstitutional in the eyes of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act...
- Local lawmakers address proposed budget cuts. Dzikowski, Don // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/3/97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p4
Presents comments of various political leaders on Connecticut Governor John Rowland's proposed budget cuts in education and transportation. Percentage of budget cut for the University of Connecticut; Effects of the budget cuts; Proposed policy changes for the planning of the region's...