Prominent California Democrat announces candidacy for treasurer
- California Treasurer Again Moves Financial Conflict-of-Interest Deadline. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p7
Reports that investment banks have until August 2003 to comply with California treasurer Phil Angelides's investment protection principles designed to eliminate conflicts of interest between the firm's bankers and research analysts. Reasons for postponement of the deadline to the abovementioned...
- Angelides to Investors: Governance Matters. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;12/16/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p1
Presents information on the advice of California State Treasurer Phil Angelides to investors with regard to corporate governance in the financial market.
- California treasurer promises early debt report. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p4
Reports on California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to release his office's debt-affordability report in May 1999 to help state legislators in evaluating bond requests. Background on Angelides' achievements during his first 100 days in office.
- Selling school GOs a key goal of California's treasurer-elect. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/06/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30516, p1
Reports on California Treasurer-elect Phil Angelides' plan to begin issuing state school bonds as soon as he takes office in January 1998. Value of the general obligation bond measure; Democratic sweep of California's elected offices; Proposal to create a new financing program called `Smart...
- Treasurer's race a battle between financial ideals. Brennan, Peter // San Diego Business Journal;09/28/98, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p11
Reports on the campaigns of Democrat challenger Phil Angelides and Republican candidate Curt Pringle for the position of state treasurer in California. Promises of each politician to their prospective constituents; Involvement of Greek financiers; Backgrounds of the candidates.
- Calif. treasurer fills more positions. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p2
Reports that California Treasurer Phil Angelides has filled eight more slots on his staff. Includes Ann Stausboll's appointment as general counsel; Daniel L. Reeves as legislative and policy director; Susan Baltake as assistant treasurer and executive director of the California Educational...
- Treasurer Phil Angelides. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p80
Profiles Phil Angelides, state treasurer of California. Views on the energy crisis; Job description; Recognitions from several publications.
- Angelides Stresses Infrastructure Investment, Corporate Responsibility. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p30
Reports the views of state Treasurer Phil Angelides on issues related to the state budget in California. Infrastructure investment; Development of strategy to deal with budget deficits; Significance of the terrorist attacks.
- Hit or miss. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/18/99, Issue 322526, p34
Presents news briefs related to business enterprises in Central San Joaquin River Valley, California, as of October 18, 1999. Includes highlights of the Tulare County Fair and the Big Fresno Fair; California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' speech during the Great Valley Center and the Fresno...