Oklahoma state-of-the-state hails low taxes
- Oklahoma governor is making a name as someone who gets things done. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/29/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30197, p1
Profiles Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating. Keating's approach of discussing bills with legislators; Keating's truce with the state Legislature that led to the passage of a highway bill; Keating's focus on Oklahoma's social and economic development; Keating's educational and political backgrounds.
- ABA Taps Former Oklahoma Gov. Frank Keating as New CEO. // Illinois Banker;Jan2011, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p26
The article mentions the appointment of former of Gov. Frank Keating of Oklahoma as the new president of the American Bankers Association (ABA).
- Tested by fire. Hewitt, Bill; Harmes, Joseph // People;6/12/95, Vol. 43 Issue 23, p121
Looks at Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating and his steps into the national spotlight. How the Oklahoma bombing affected him; Why Keating is viewed as an accidental political celebrity; His wife Cathy; Biographical and career inforamtion.
- Gov. Keating urges standards, incentives. Trotter, Andrew // Education Week;2/12/97, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p16
Focuses on the remarks of Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating on the need to encourage higher education standards in the state through incentives.
- Frank Keating's departure. Delahanty, Patrick // National Catholic Reporter;8/01/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p24
Comments on the resignation of Frank Keating as Governor in Oklahoma. Accusations raised against the national review board of lay Catholics; Negative implication for the resignation of Keating.
- Raising his standing. Galley, Michelle // Education Week;03/01/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p20
Reports on the response of Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating to question on how he would handle his state's teachers' unions. Reaction from Carolyn Crowder, the president of the Oklahoma Education Association; Legislation signed by the governor weeks after the remark.
- Oklahoma. // Human Events;7/10/93, Vol. 53 Issue 28, p14
Presents the candidacy of Frank Keating for the Republicans in the 1994 Oklahoma gubernatorial race. Analogies with former Oklahoma Governor Dewey F. Bartlett; Keating's political credentials; Strong law enforcement resume; Issue of corruption; Prospects for other candidates.
- Oklahoma governor calls for `spiritual awakening.' // Church & State;Nov96, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p3
Reports that Governor Frank Keating has called on religious leaders in Oklahoma to focus their sermons on various social problems for eight weeks in the hopes of sparking the state's spiritual awakening. Need for a spiritual answer to social problems; Discussion of specific issues.
- Keating: Remove errant bishops. // Christian Century;7/3/2002, Vol. 119 Issue 14, p21
Reports on the goal of Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating, the chairman of a review panel created at the bishops' mid-June 2002 meeting in Dallas, Texas, to remove bishops who tried to hide the problem or protect abusive priests. Offense made by Catholic bishops who tried to cover up sexual abuse...