Bengals' decline met as Cincinnati, county reach pact
- Ohio stadium deal to be split in two, still faces challenges. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p1
Reports that Hamilton County, Ohio is expected to issue bonds on January 13, 1998 for a Cincinnati Bengals football stadium. Obstacles to the issuance of the bond; Problems facing the construction of the stadium; Total worth of sales tax bonds for the project to be sold by the county;...
- Serious business in the land of make-believe. Wilner, Barry // Football Digest;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p12
Features the skill-position players of the Cincinnati Bengals football team as they attended their mini camp in Disney's Wide World of Sports complex. Indication that this was the third time the team met in Disney for their camp; Reference to Jeff Blake, one of the players; Identification of...
- Cincinnati Bengals. Haft, Chris // Sporting News;1/27/97, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p23
No abstract available.
- Give it up, Mike. King, Peter // Sports Illustrated;10/28/96, Vol. 85 Issue 18, p88
Details the troubles of the Cincinnati Bengals football team in 1996. The firing of coach Dave Shula; The plan of Bengals owner Mike Brown to not change his management style despite his team having the worst National Football League (NFL) record in the 1990s; Other problems with the team.
- Cincinnati Bengals. Hobson, Geoff // Sporting News;7/1/96, Vol. 220 Issue 27, p33
Presents an update on various issues concerning the Cincinnati Bengals as of July 1, 1996. Concerns about the team's 1996 top pick, offensive tackle Willie Anderson who has switched agents; Offer made to running back Herschel Walker who was released by the Giants.
- Cincinnati Bengals. Hobson, Geoff // Sporting News;7/8/96, Vol. 220 Issue 28, p47
Presents an update on the Cincinnati Bengals football team as of July 8, 1996. Team's plan to hold on to running back Herschel Walker as the search for a veteran backup to Ki-Jana Carter; Plans to sign up college football players Kerry Joseph and Damon Huard; Offering of a two-year contract to...
- Cincinnati Bengals. Hobson, Geoff // Sporting News;08/12/96, Vol. 220 Issue 33, p46
Presents updates on the Cincinnati Bengals football team as of August 12, 1996. Includes acquisition of Jay Fiedler from the Eagles; Concerns about the progress of the performance of Melvin Tuten.
- Cincinnati Bengals. Hobson, Geoff // Sporting News;08/26/96, Vol. 220 Issue 35, p34
Presents an update on the Cincinnati Bengals football team as of August 26, 1996. Center Darrick Brilz's foot surgery; Notice by agents for linebacker Andre Collins that he is not ready to report after losing a grievance he filed against the club.
- Cincinnati Bengals. Haft, Chris // Sporting News;9/16/96, Vol. 220 Issue 38, p38
Presents updates on the Cincinnati Bengals as of September 15, 1996. Suspicions that Garrison Hearst as the reason for KiJana Carter to be phased out from the team's offense; Need of the team to rely on its basic plays; Needed practice of special teams.