Credit analysis of muni utilities becoming more complex as deregulation nears
- Downward Credit Pressure Continues on Power Industry. // Energy User News;Dec2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p29
Reports on the prediction of Standard & Poors (S&P) on the continuation of downward credit pressure on the U.S. merchant generators and utilities in the year 2002. Rating of utilities during the third quarter; Number of downgrades noted by S&P among holding companies from July 1 to September...
- Outlook for muni ratings. // Electric Perspectives;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p52
Reports that the downward slide in credit quality that has characterized the municipal utility industry since 1993 will continue in 1996. Credit downgrades in 1995; Downgraded retail systems.
- ANALYSIS GCC utilities buoyed by strong ratings. RATCLIFFE, VERITY // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/30/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 13, p15
The article presents information on utilities services companies of the Gulf Coalition Council and the influence they have as a result of positive credit ratings.
- Deregulation bill's 10-year call deadline may tighten credit analysis for utilities. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30274, p1
Discloses the possibility that municipal utilities planning long-term bond issues may be subject to a stricter credit analysis from investors and bond insurers if they agree to call their bonds within 10 years to protect their tax-exempt status. Provisions in the electricity-deregulation...
- Industry Restructuring: What Happened to Merger Mania? Dukart, James R. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jan2003, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p34
Examines the merger activities in the public utilities industry in the U.S. Impact of electric deregulation and economic downturn on merger activities; List of merged and combined utility companies; Percentage stock performance of six notable utilities.
- Legislation was introduced in Illinois to combat unfair... // Contractor Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the introduction of House Bill 3713 in Illinois, to combat unfair utility competition caused by deregulation. How the state's deregulation law has been interpreted.
- Contractors will have to overcome public perception of deregulation. Miodonski, Bob // Contractor Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p64
Discusses the impact of utility deregulation on contractors in the United States. Speech made by Jack Kemp at the 1998 annual convention of the Mechanical Contractors Association of America; Kemp's support of deregulation.
- Deregulating electric utilities. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun98, p16
Focuses on the deregulation of electric utilities in Ohio. Reasons for the deregulation of utilities; Definition of deregulation; Impact that deregulation would have on the economy of Ohio.
- Challenging deregulation issues promise to appear this year. Franks, Jonathan // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/05/98, Issue 322247, p1
Reports that the California Public Utilities Commission is expected to tackle a number of tough deregulation issues in 1998. Push by the state's publicly-owned utilities to market their own power as ostensibly independent companies; Refusal by the commission to let former monopolies charge thee...