Will deregulation bring `cleaner' electricity?
- Deregulation: no contest. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;09/06/99, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p24
Focuses on the deregulation of New York State's electric industry. State's efforts to force utilities to sell their power plants; Absence of legislation related to the deregulation rules; Incentive for retail sales.
- TEXAS SAYS READY FOR ELECTRICITY DEREGULATION. // CEE News;Feb2002, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p9
Reports the electricity deregulation in Texas. Permission for residential and commercial customers to choose electricity provider; Introduction of competitive retail market; Effects of wholesale deregulation on the construction of power plants.
- Electric deregulation juices state power plant proposals. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;04/19/99, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the upsurge in plans for new electric power plants in New York, resulting from the deregulation of the electric industry. Number of proposals made since August 1998; Effects of the state Public Service Commission's efforts to force utilities to sell their generating plants; Demand...
- Honing the competitive edge at nuclear powerplants. Strauss, Sheldon D. // Power;Jun96, Vol. 140 Issue 6, p33
Discusses the measures undertaken by the nuclear powerplant industries of the United States to meet the challenges of a deregulated electricity market. Impact of economic fear; Outsourcing activities of independent power producer facilities; Concerns on costs.
- California to maintain deregulation. // Modern Power Systems;Dec98, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p9
Cites the defeat of Proposition 9, a proposed measure that would have affected the deregulation of the electric power industry in California. Prevention of utilities to recover costs of nuclear power plants.
- Electricity Deregulation. Van Arnum, Patricia // Chemical Market Reporter;11/09/98, Vol. 254 Issue 19, pFR12
Focuses on the deregulation of the electric power market in the United States. Legislative bills addressing deregulation; States that enacted deregulation legislation; Estimates on the electrical generating capacity in the country to be sold in a deregulated market; Reasons for the sale of...
- Let's bury the term deregulation. Makansi, Jasonl // Power;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 143 Issue 5, p4
Comments on the use of the word deregulation in the energy industry. Electricity industry restructuring legislation introduced under the administration of United States (U.S.) President Bill Clinton; Class-action lawsuits faced by electric utilities; Policy of the U.S. Environmental Protection...
- To end bad air as well as utility monopolies. Robinson, Michelle // Christian Science Monitor;2/18/97, Vol. 89 Issue 57, p18
Reports that the bid in the United States to allow competition in the electric utilities industry and regulations to improve the quality of air, will soon result in problems. Conflicting nature of these two areas; How these areas can be handled to benefit both the industry and the environment.
- Nuclear plants under deregulation. Pospisil, Ray // Electrical World;Jan1995, Vol. 209 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on the problems facing the deregulation of the electric power industry, especially the fate of stranded utility investment such as nuclear plants. Related problems of Pacific Gas and Electric Co. concerning its Diablo Canyon plant; Approaches to finding a solution to the problems.