N.Y.C. GOs may boost `blase' demand; Pennsylvania offers overlooked bargains
- Retail reader's guide. // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p9
No abstract available.
- Anchorage Bonding Measures Pass; Hotel Tax Hike Defeated. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p4
Reports on the approval of general obligation bonds and the rejection of a hotel tax measure to finance a convention center on Anchorage, Alaska. Reimbursement for the school district's capital costs; Voters' support of bond measure for capital improvements; Percentage of absentee ballots.
- Short-Term Shelter Sought. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p1
Reports the investment of the municipal bond investors into short-term funds in the U.S. Estimation of the net inflow; Amount of the total rate of return; Yields of the tax-exempt money market funds.
- Austin Heads to Market With Multi-Tranched Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p3
Reports the move of city officials to sell a multi-tranched bond deal to investors in a competitive sale via electronic bidding system in Austin, Texas. Estimates on the worth of the deal; Purpose of the proceeds of the bond sales; Rating of the deal from the Standard & Poor's.
- 'Deep' demand for 3 big deals: Philly, Alameda, and Houston. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p7
Focuses on United States-based institutional investors' interest in premium coupon bonds. Good source of current income; Municipal pension bonds of Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development; Insured revenue offering of the Alameda Corridor Transportation Authority; General obligation...
- New rules make investing proceeds easier. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;04/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30625, p32
Reports that investing bond proceeds has become a high-stakes game since the Orange County, California bankruptcy and municipal bond industry's yield-burning scandal. Importance of legal questions in bond issues.
- Put Me in Municipal Bonds Now! Sardana, Sanjay; Hart, Andrew // Siliconindia;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p54
Presents information on investment of AAA-rated municipal bond in the U.S. Advantages of the bonds on federal, state, local taxation; Range of the price risk of fixed-rate bonds in the common market parlance; Issues of protection on bond portfolio management from hidden markups.
- Muni bonds are attractive, but investing in bond funds can be tricky. Russell, Judi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p34
Reports on the respectable rate of return posted by municipal bonds in the United States in 2000. Tax-exempt status; Issuance by cities, states and political divisions within states; Consideration of the bonds as a conservative investment best suited for older, fairly affluent investors.
- All municipal bond issues. // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/05/99, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p28
Lists investment banks in the United States ranked by municipal bond issues in the first quarter of 1999. Amount raised; Market share; Comparison with year-ago level.
- Municipal prices finish firm, but week's deals are real test. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;12/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30782, p2
Reports on the tight price range for municipal bonds in the United States on Monday, December 6, 1999. Test of investor resolve in the face of larger-than-expected influx of year-end supply; Waiting game for the primary market slate.