Investors enticed by very attractive yields on Atlanta's `Black Bear' microbrewery deal
- Beers to warm the heartland. Brooks, Christopher // Country Living;Mar1993, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p144
Presents a beer sampler of breweries and pubs of Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota. Sprecher Brewing Co. and Adler Brau Brewing Co., of Milwaukee; Chicago Brewing Co. of Chicago, and Pavichevich Brewing of Elmhurst; Sherlock's Home in Minnetonka; Summit Brewing Co. of St. Paul; More.
- Marketing microbrews requires knowledgeable servers. Hochstein, Mort // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p31
Focuses on the need for knowledgeable servers in marketing microbrews of beers in the United States. Problem of customers in remembering the labels of beers; Shift of customers to quality beers; Advantages of selling microbrews.
- Microbreweries make the hop to New York locales. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;4/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p83
Reports on the increasing number of microbrewery restaurants and beer pubs in New York City. Factors for the increase; Names of businessmen opening microbrewery restaurants in the area; Names and features of the restaurants; Prospects for the industry. INSET: Microbrewery finds a home on Long...
- All the beer the market will bear. // Restaurant Business;11/1/94, Vol. 93 Issue 16, p122
Reports on the increase of beer microbreweries in the eastern United States. Consumer preference for Maine brewed beer varieties; Brand name blueberry beer products; Costs.
- Investors tapping brew-pub market. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;5/15/95, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the establishment of three breweries in Westchester County, New York. Creation of the Westchester Brewing Co. by Ben Fader and Jeffrey Reed in White Plains; Plan of Kirby Shyer to repeat the success of his New York City-based Zip City Brewing Co.; Conversion of a Hudson River...
- Brew pubs. Fried, Eunice // Black Enterprise;Aug92, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p109
Contends that microbreweries are the trendy, new places to wine and dine. Brew pubs offer the familiar atmosphere of a restaurant bar with a new twist: beers brewed on the premises. Goose Island Brewing Co., Chicago; Zip City Brewing Co., New York City; The Commonwealth Brewing Co. Ltd., Boston;...
- Microbreweries flourish across the state. Cobb, Kathy // Fedgazette;Jan1996, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on microbreweries for the production of beer in Wisconcin. Growth; Effect on industry; Comments from Tom Sheforgen, Wisconcin Wholesale Beer Distributors Association.
- La Paloma to build microbrewery. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;12/30/96, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p2
Reports on the construction of a shop by the microbrewery Tropical Cantina and Brewery at the Westin La Paloma in Tucson, Arizona. Features of the shop; Major investors of the project; Features of the growing for microbreweries in the city.
- Microbrews going mainstream. Robinson, John P. // American Demographics;Dec96, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p25
Focuses on locally made specialty beers which are gaining share in the market. Quality of beer available in America; How the production of 'microbrews' has steadily increased; Percent of microbrews drinkers according to a survey by the University of Maryland; Beer industry's best customers;...