Lawyers mull Treasury's electricity bond regulations
- IRS Releases Ambitious Plan for Guidance, Rules in Nine Areas. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31128, p1
Focuses on the business plan released by the United States Internal Revenue Service that aims to craft new rules and guidance in nine areas affecting the tax-exempt bonds in 2002. Regulatory projects left over from 2000; Expected involvement of noncontroversial clarifications; Federal...
- Nebraska Gas Agency Reveals IRS Plan to Audit 1998 Issue. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30715, p1
Reports on Nebraska-based American Public Energy Agency's disclosure that the United States Internal Revenue Service is auditing its 1998 issuance of 185.95 million in tax-exempt bonds, which were used to finance the purchase of natural gas. Underwriters of the transaction; Internal Revenue...
- Calif. Adjusts Offerings. Saskal, Rich // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/19/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 43, p9
The article reports that the Californian state government cut its tax-exempt bond plan while upsize the price for the Build America Bonds (BABs). According to spokesman Tom Dresslar, the tax exempt offerings cut and the increase in savings with the BABs subsidy are believed to help the financing...
- IRS Will Push BAB Payments. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;3/6/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33872, p1
The article informs that the tax-exempt bond office of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will manage the Build America Bond (BAB) and other directpay bonds payments manually. It mentions that the office will work on the payments process for two to three weeks to figure out 8.7 percent...
- Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA). // Minnesota State Register;10/13/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p517
The article provides notice from the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency announcing its public hearing in St. Paul on October 29, 2014. The hearing calls for public comment on the issuance of tax-exempt bonds. It is pointed out that the bonds will fund mortgage loans to pay acquisition and...
- DOD waives bond requirements for DBE. Treiber, Donald // Business Credit;Feb1994, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p11
Discusses the Department of Defense (DOD) waiving of bond requirement for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE). Encouragement of examination of interim rule.
- Wisconsin takes aim at convention with new POS format. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/15/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30394, p3
Focuses on Wisconsin's use of a more reader-friendly preliminary official statement (POS) for its two upcoming bond issues. Format of the POS; Advantages over traditional format; Securities and Exchange Commission's plain-English disclosure order.
- New Cook County Team Clears Way for Its First Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/28/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33556, p8
The article reports that the Board of Commissioners in Cook County, Illinois has approved a master bond ordinance that allows the county to enter the bond market up to 425 million dollars of refunding bonds to balance the fiscal budget in 2011.
- GFOA adopts recommended practice for government issue of taxable debt. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;02/11/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30329, p4
Focuses on the Government Finance Officers Association's Committee on Governmental Debt and Fiscal Policy's adoption of recommended practice on issuing taxable debt. Features of the growing popularity of taxable bonds; Structural features that can provide long-term benefits for taxable bonds;...