An unusual cause of gastric outlet obstruction
- Metastatic renal oncocytoma. Oxley, J. D.; Sullivan, J.; Mitchelmare, A.; Gillalt, D. A. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Jun2007, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p720
The article describes the case of a 70-year old woman who presented with liver metastasis several years after the removal of a renal oncocytoma. Nine years after the patient's operation for renal oncocytoma, she re-presented with left-sided abdominal pain, bloating and nausea. When it was found...
- A Rash Hypothesis. Ross, John J.; Saavedra, Arturo; Vleugels, Ruth Ann; Liu, Anne; Castells, Mariana C. // New England Journal of Medicine;6/17/2010, Vol. 362 Issue 24, pe69
The article discusses the case of a 40-year-old woman who was presented with diarrhea that was preceded by abdominal cramps.
- Acute abdominal pain and chills in an ADPKD transplant recipient. Morelle, Johann; Pirson, Yves; Danse, Etienne; Kanaan, Nada // NDT Plus;Feb2011, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p71
A quiz about the case of a 61-year-old female kidney transplant recipient with acute abdominal pain and chills is presented.
- Rectus sheath haematoma: over-diagnosis and under-diagnosis. Huang, M.-Y.; Chang, W.-H. // Emergency Medicine Journal;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p49
The article discusses the case of a 68-year-old woman with severe and progressive left lower quadrant abdominal pain who was diagnosed with rectus sheath haematoma.
- lesson of the month (1). Gupta, P Sen; Sharma, M; Timms, PM // Clinical Medicine;Jun2013, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p309
The article presents case studies related to laboratory samples with "unsuitable" laboratory comments which has diagnostic implications to the disease which affect the serum. It mentions that case of a 21-year-old man with type 2 diabetes mellitus and acute abdominal pain, and is diagnosed with...
- Histopathology audit of chronic gastritis in India: need for objectivity and training. Patkar, N.; Mani, H.; Moitra, R.; Nijhawan, V. S.; Srinivas, V.; Duhan, S. D.; Nema, S. K. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;May2006, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p554
The article reports on the need for subspecialty training for an internal audit of gastric biopsy in India. In a first phase, 228 consecutive gastric biopsies were evaluated by histopathologists. In a second phase, actual biopsy reports on the gastric biopsies were retrieved from the records and...
- Unusual Differential Diagnosis of Upper Abdominal Pain. Monika, Lanthaler; Thomas, Grissmann; Lukas, Schwentner; Hermann, Nehoda // Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopy;2009, p1
We here present an interesting unusual case of upper abdominal pain. The patient was a 38-year-old man, who was admitted to our hospital complaining of right upper quadrant pain caused by a toothpick that perforated the anterior gastric wall and penetrated segment I of the liver. After...
- Estrongiloidiosis. A propÃ³sito de un caso clÃnico. Álvarez, Salomé A.; Salazar, Janeth A.; Salazar, Elba A.; Vivar, Nicolás D. // Revista Mexicana de Patologia Clinica;oct-dic2010, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p209
No abstract available.
- Gastric Electrical Stimulation for Abdominal Pain in Patients with Symptoms of Gastroparesis. LAHR, CHRISTOPHER J.; GRIFFITH, JAMES; SUBRAMONY, CHARU; HALLEY, LINDSEY; ADAMS, KRISTEN; PAINE, ELIZABETH R.; SCHMIEG, ROBERT; ISLAM, SALEEM; SALAMEH, JAY; SPREE, DANIELLE; KOTHARI, TRUPTESH; KEDAR, ARCHANA; NIKITINA, YANA; ABELL, THOMAS // American Surgeon;May2013, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p457
Abdominal pain physiology may be better understood studying electrophysiology, histology, and symptom scores in patients with the symptoms of gastroparesis (Gp) treated with gastric electrical stimulation (GES). Ninety-five Gp patients" symptoms were recorded at baseline and during temporary and...