Slipping the barrier: how variants in CARD 15 could alter permeability of the intestinal wall and population health
- Role of interleukin 6 in a murine model of Crohn's ileitis: are cytokine/anticytokine strategies the future for IBD therapies? Pizarro, T. T.; de la Rue, S. A.; Cominelli, F. // Gut;Sep2006, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p1226
The article focuses on the significance of interleukin 6 (IL-6) in Crohn's ileitis in the murine model SAMP/Yit. Research revealed that administration of hyper IL-6 increased the severity of the disease in the mice. On the other hand, treatment with an inhibitor of IL-6 improves the severity of...
- REGIONAL ENTERITIS. Berger, Samuel S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1956, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p81
Presents a case of a patient with regional enteritis. Persistence of abdominal pains suffered by the patient; Examination of the abdomen of the patient; Pathology of the regional enteritis.
- Regional Enteritis and its Relation to Emotional Disorders. Cohn, Edwin M.; Lederman, Ivan I.; Shore, Eugene // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1970, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p378
A clinical investigation was carried out to determine the relationship between emotional traits and regional enteritis. Each patient in whom the diagnosis of ileitis was firmly established, was interviewed psychiatrically and was examined by a psychologist employing standard testing procedures....
- Crohn's Disease and Acute Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis of Skin. Zlatanic, Jusuf; Fleisher, Mark; Sasson, Michelle; Kim, Peter; Korelitz, Burton I. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1996, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p2410
A 39-yr-old white male with a prolonged history of Crohn's disease presented with worsening diarrhea associated with an increasingly painful rash of both lower extremities as well as left ankle swelling. A skin biopsy revealed an acute leukocytoclastic vasculitis. Intravenous hydrocortisone...
- Nutrition and Crohn's disease. PODOLSKY, DANIEL K. // Journal of Gastroenterology;2000 Supplement 12, Vol. 35, p18
Focuses on the relationship of nutrition and Crohn's disease. Use of corticosteroids for treating Crohn's disease; Intravenous alimentation.
- Natalizumab. // Reactions Weekly;6/25/2005, Issue 1057, p14
Discusses research being done on progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy after natalizumab therapy for Crohn's disease. Reference to a study by G. Van Assche et al published in the 2005 issue of the "New England Journal of Medicine"; Findings of the study.
- ileitis, regional. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p407
An encyclopedia entry for the term "regional ileitis," an outdated name for Crohn's disease, is presented.
- Pneumaturia as a Presenting Sign of Regional Enteritis. Peck, Owen C.; Babb, Richard R. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1971, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p463
Describes the case of a patient who was hospitalized with abdominal pain and found to have an ileovesical fistula secondary to regional enteritis. Presenting symptom of regional enteritis; Urologic manifestations of the disease; Overall incidence of the disorder; Result of the patient's...
- The Relationship Between Heritability and Smoking Habits in Crohn's Disease. Brignola, Corrado; Belloli, Clarissa; Ardizzone, Sandro; Astegiano, Marco; Cottone, Mario; Trallori, Giacomo // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2000, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p3171
OBJECTIVE: In Crohn's disease (CD), the relationship between genetic predisposition and smoking has not been well defined. The aim of this study was to compare the smoking habits at the time of the diagnosis of CD patients having familial occurrence of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) with those...