BSSA introduces business and personal loans for its members
- `Over-equity' loans oversold to consumers. Evarts, Eric C. // Christian Science Monitor;6/22/98, Vol. 90 Issue 144, pB3
Debates the wisdom of consumers who take out over-equity loans using their homes as collateral. Examples of loans; Opinions of financial experts; Risks involved; Guidelines for consumer protection against unscrupulous lenders. INSET: Saving your house.
- Small loans make a big difference for the world's poor. Kaltenheuser, Skip // Inside Tucson Business;02/17/97, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p5
Opinion. Discusses the long-term economic benefits of extending small loans to poor people based on the philosophy of professor Muhammad Yanus. Success of microcredit operation in Bolivia through assistance from Accion; Payback terms; Precautions.
- Lenders pull back as debt levels rise. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;07/28/97, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p1
Examines the increased levels of consumer debt in the United States. Finding that nearly 20 percent of personal earnings goes to pay off credit cards, loan and other debt loads; Increase in bankruptcy filings, tax liens and trustee sales; Local banks' tightening of their lending policies.
- With a consolidation loan. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Mar1986, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p24
With a consolidation loan, the lender can provide the borrower with money to pay off all bills at one time, so he is left with one single payment. One benefit is the reduction of the overall interest rates. A look at the advantages and disadvantages.
- Home mortgages in reverse. // Consumer Reports;Oct92, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p637
No abstract available.
- Is it time to cut back on consumer loans? Lunt, Penny // ABA Banking Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on consumer loans in the United States. Consumer credit delinquency; Need for tighter credit standards.
- Top 300 banks in lending to the consumer. // American Banker;8/27/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 165, Ranking the Banks 1993 p22A
Lists the top 300 banks ranked by loans secured by residential real estate, credit card loans and other consumer loans as of December 31, 1992. Bank of America NT&SA; Citibank NA; Chemical Bank; Wells Fargo Bank NA; Chase Manhattan Bank; More.
- Consumer loan delinquency declining more in New York. Epstein, Jonathan D. // American Banker;7/30/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 144, p7
Reports on developments related to consumer loans in New York State as of July 30, 1996. Decline in delinquency; Factors affecting the market; Industry analysts' comments.
- Collections must adapt to changes in lending. Bahr, Rodney T. // American Banker;8/4/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 148, p20
Opinion. Talks about emerging trends in consumer lending. Shift toward building wider relationships with customers; Strategic objective in leading organizations; Need for enhanced fraud protection in collection systems; Need of collectors to recognize and act upon every sales opportunity.
- Personal loans. Walker, Chris // Money (14446219);Dec2002 Best of the Best 2003, p90
Presents a guide to personal loans in Australia. Types of personal loans; Information on the interest rates of the loans; Details of application fees and insurance costs in personal lending.