Blonde product provides light relief in a market that sits uneasily at 1992 levels
- Calgary plots another biggie. Sillars, Les // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/11/94, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p16
Reports that a city committee based in Calgary is planning to enter a bid to host the 2005 World's Fair. Finances that are required to place a formal bid by 1995; Potential economic spin-offs if approval for the venture is given.
- World's fair opens on time. J.S.R. // Architectural Record;May1992, Vol. 180 Issue 5, p24
Announces that Seville's Universal Exposition opened on time, on April 20, for a six-month run. It celebrate's Columbus's voyage to America 500 years ago.
- Expo '92 Seville. Russell, James S.; Cohn, David // Architectural Record;Aug1992, Vol. 180 Issue 8, p114
Examines the plans, problems and preparations in Spain for Expo '92 being held in Seville. Looks at the overall plan and the pavilions of the United Kingdom, Japan, Navigation, Alamillo Bridge and Santa Justa Station.
- Weather minds. Masters, Tim // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Jul97, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p1531
Presents information on several Weather MINDS chapter members of the American Meteorological Society, who judged the South Central South Dakota Science and Engineering Fair, which was held at Dakota Wesleyan University in Mitchell. Identification of the judges; Information on the winners; What...
- Clay Day USA. Tsikalas, John G. // Ceramics Monthly;Jan1998, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p20
Presents information on the 1997 `Clay Day USA' which was held in Mexico, Missouri. Detailed information on the four-day event; Reference to Robert Moore of Missouri University-Rolla; Names of the presenters at the event; Reference to Velda Dougherty, of Kirksville, Missouri, winner of the...
- New York World's Fair of 1939-40. // Commentary;Jul85, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p62
NY World's Fair of 1939-40 was intellectually and artistically the most successful of international exhibitions. It started as a project of the Great Depression to raise morale and stimulate business, by showing means were available to create abundance and as a vehicle to assert democratic...
- South Africa shows at N.Y. Gift Fair. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Apr97, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p18
Announces the impressive showcase of South African pavilion's quality crafts in traditional and modern interpretation at the New York International Gift Fair. List of exhibitors at the pavilion; Contact information.
- Design: Personal and sensual. P.S. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Apr97, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p58
Part I. Highlights the 1997 Ambiente Fair in Paris, France with exploration on displays of Softicated products, Soft-Touch gifts, and Soft-Tech technology. Views from prominent designers.
- Scratching the surface at the Indiana State Fair. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/1/94, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p20A
Reports on the holding of the Indiana State Fair from August 10-21, 1994 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds and the various activities that are scheduled in the two week affair. Sweet Sixteen Night Show on August 10, 1994; SPAM Luncheon Meat Recipe Contest on August 11; Great Western/Wrangler...
- Marketing strategy of trade shows. // Inc.;May84, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p64
They aren't just for backslapping anymore. Some companies have made them the focus of their marketing strategy. A look at trade shows of the 1980s. INSET: How to work the booth..