- Why Central Stations: Are Upping the Ante. Shein, Maggie M. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p48
The article discusses the move of security dealers and monitoring companies in investing to enhance technology infrastructure and facilities. It cites the 24 million dollars investment of Affiliated Monitoring for a new facility with emergency power plant on site. It reveals that the surge of...
- High-speed paging technology prepares to prove itself. Long, Geoff // Telecom Asia;Aug96, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p10
Anticipates the testing of the advanced paging operators code in the Asia Pacific region. Features of the code; Comparison with other standards; Comments from industry executives.
- Europe takes another look at FLEX. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p46
Focuses on the opening of the paging market in Europe to FLEX-based paging systems as a result of the desire of European paging carriers to migrate to two-way paging paradigm. Call for a unified European paging market from Jacques Couvas, chairman of the European Public Paging Association;...
- MY PAGING SYSTEM IS OUT OF DATE. HOW TO CHOOSE A NEW SYSTEM? // AV Technology;Dec2015, Vol. 8 Issue 10, pA11
The article discusses criteria to look at while choosing a paging and emergency notification system.
- RCR's top 20 int'l paging markets. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p16
Lists the 20 largest international paging markets by country, ranked by the estimated number of subscribers in each country.
- Small paging operators excited about future. Bruno, Antony // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p7
Cites the optimism of Southeastern Communications Association members about the prospect of small and regional paging operators in the United States.
- Is paging dead? Ford, Tracy // RCR;11/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p12
Comments on the poor performance of the paging industry in 1999 in the United States and in the international markets. Poor performance of paging stocks; Possible cessation of paging operations; Paging companies' efforts to keep paging service alive.
- Chatty pager. Brink, Susan; Chetwynd, Josh // U.S. News & World Report;10/2/95, Vol. 119 Issue 13, p85
Looks at Skytel's two-way text pager which uses a paging network to send and receive messages up to 95 words. Features; Cost; Contact point; Details on ReadyCom's new ReadyTalk, a two-way paging service that lets the user record and send brief voice messages.
- That dreaded `P' word. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul96, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the growing market for mobile communication systems. Expansion of the Global Systems for Mobile Communications customer base; Slow growth of paging systems; Calling party pay systems in Europe.