Pacom's New Graphical Management Software (GMS)
- Stop Nuisance Alarms! Jensen, Joel // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2010, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p46
The article offers the author's insights on nuisance alarms that occurred in various alarm systems including access control systems, burglar alarm systems, and electronic integrated security systems. The author states that proper placement and adjustment as well as application will help avoid or...
- ARE YOU SAFE & SECURE? Valenski, Doug // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2007, Vol. 91 Issue 8, p84
The article offers advice on choosing the right security system to reduce the incidence of false alarms and unwarranted business losses. False alarms, which can cost fees ranging from $100 to $800, are more common in restaurants with high turnover rates and inconsistent open/close teams. To...
- Turning the Tide through the Press. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the impact of the publication of articles concerning security false alarms on resolving the issue in the U.S. Effect of false alarms on the performance of the industry; Actions taken by private and government agencies to tackle the issue; Success of the available security systems in...
- False alarm efforts: A national update. Perlik // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p55
Reports on updates of activities of national false alarm programs in the United States. April 2000 conference of the False Alarm Reduction Association (FARA); Projects of various FARA committees on law enforcement agencies' use of alarms; False Dispatch Reduction Summits conducted by the...
- Sound the alarm. Wolpin, Bill // American City & County;Aug2004, Vol. 119 Issue 9, p8
Discusses the false burglar alarm problems reported in the U.S. as of August 2004. Estimated number of false alarms reported every year; Approximate amount of fines per occurrence of false alarms in Indianapolis, Indiana; Measures taken by communities where the false-alarm problem is out of...
- FARA Takes Position on Duress/Hostage Alarms. Kern, Andy // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p51
Reports that the Board of Directors of the False Alarm Reduction Association in the United States, has signed a resolution that encourages alarm companies to adopt policies which eliminate the offering of duress codes, except in extreme conditions. Rate of false alarms caused by the duress feature.
- A Better Mousetrapï¿½. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p21
Reports that a California inventor has created `The Beeping Wallet' designed as an anti-theft device. Benefits of the Beeping Wallet.
- SECURITY LESSONS LEARNED THE HARD WAY. Souder, Dennis // Association Management;Sep2002, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p69
Discusses lessons learned by the author from the theft of several pieces of equipment in his organization's office in Toronto, Ontario. Things that the organization did wrong and right; Organization's maintenance of updated insurance coverage for office contents; Installation of a security...
- Remote Monitoring Is Remote Control. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2001, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on the security method recommended by the King County Facility in Washington to solve the problem facing the sheriff department in relation to impounded vehicles. Technology recommended by the facility; Features of the system.