GE Introduces IFS EtherNav Gigabit Managed Ethernet Switch Series
- Visibility for Network Security Enhancement in Internet Protocol over Ethernet Networks. Alzubaidi, Waleed Kh.; Cai, Longzheng; Alyawer, Shaymaa A.; Siebert-Cole, Erika // Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences;2014 Special, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p48
This study addresses the naming architecture security problems arising in Internet protocol (IP) over Ethernet networks. These problems arise because of the compatibility issue between two different compositional protocols: the IP and Ethernet protocol. The findings of this study have given rise...
- TECH TERMS. Taylor, Nathan // Australian PC User;Sep2004, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p107
Presents definition of technical terms related to computers and computer security. Ethernet; Firewall; Internet protocol.
- Ethernet wise to the enterprise. Berge, Jonas // InTech;Jan2007, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p34
This article talks about the use of Ethernet in automation networks. According to the author, automation needs connectivity to the upper levels and the control-level network has to connect to the operations information network and business logistics network. He said a firewall should be lodged...
- Standards, Open Systems & New Technology. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p51
The article highlights the role of standards being embraced by computer life safety and security organizations. Jason Oakley, chief executive officer (CEO) at North American Video (NAV), said that the formulation of IEEE 802.3af standard for Power over Ethernet (PoE) helps solve bandwidth issues...
- CLEARING UP CONFUSION ABOUT ETHERNET & IP. Hippensteel, Phil // AV Technology;Sep2014, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p12
A question and answer concerning ethernet and Internet protocol (IP) is presented
- Multiple flavors of Ethernet. // Control Engineering;Dec2010, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p29
The article describes the different types of Ethernet which include the Ethernet/Internet Protocol (IP) and open, real-time network EtherCAT.
- WiFi Roaming: Legal Implications and Security Constraints. Robert, Roman; Manulis, Mark; De Villenfagne, Florence; Leroy, Damies; Jost, Julien; Koeune, Francois; Ker, Caroline; Jean Marc Dinant; Poulleu, Yves; Bonaventure, Olivier; Quisquatter, Jean-Jacques // International Journal of Law & Information Technology;Autumn2008, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p205
WiFi technology has become the preferable form for mobile users to connect to the Internet. The growing popularity of WiFi-enabled devices and the increasing number of WiFi networks guarantees that this trend will continue in the future. Since a single network provider is usually not able to...
- RISKY BUSINESS. // Product Design & Development;Aug2011, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses the impact of emerging Ethernet technology on the security management of manufacturing industries worldwide in 2011. It mentions that the adoption of Ethernet as communications protocol for manufacturing and production operations has offered various benefits to businesses,...
- Easy VPNs Secure Wi-Fi at Home and on the Road. Brandt, Andrew // PCWorld;Apr2005, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p40
This article suggests the use of virtual private networks to secure Wi-Fi networks at home or at a public space. Lots of people forgo security because they think it is too complicated or they fear performance problems. Many business travelers and remote workers use a VPN to connect to their...