- Card Access Control System. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2006, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p81
The article features the CFN-2000 Fingerprint and RF Card and RF Card Access Control System Series from CVE. These innovative biometric solutions are designed for physical security, corporate data and network access control. The Internet Protocol-addressable product can store up to 9,500...
- DESIGN OF A FINGERPRINT AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM FOR ACCESS CONTROL. Akinsowon, Omoyele Ajoke; Adewale, Ollumide Sunday; Alese, Boniface Kayode // Annals. Computer Science Series;Jun2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p78
With increasing use of the internet, there is increasing opportunity for identity fraud, organised crime, money laundering, theft of intellectual property and other types of cybercrime. There has also been an increase in reported biosecurity incidents, border control incidents and terrorism. The...
- Facing the future. Saccomano, Ann // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/26/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 21, p33
Deals with the obstacles to the implementation of biometric identification. Absence of international standard for biometric identification; Technological barriers in fingerprinting; Cultural concerns on the use of biometric identification. INSET: How some countries view biometrics.
- Fuzzy Fingerprint Vault using Multiple Polynomials. Daesung Moon; Woo-Yong Choi; Kiyoung Moon // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Nov2009, Issue 35, p109
Fuzzy fingerprint vault is a recently developed cryptographic construct based on the polynomial reconstruction problem to secure critical data with the fingerprint data. However, the previous researches are not applicable to the fingerprint having a few minutiae since they use a fixed degree of...
- Getting the 411 on Biometrics. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p48
Provides information on biometrics technology, the reading of a unique human physical attribute as data which is then applied to actuating a system. Passwords and personal identification numbers; Fingerprinting; Retinal scans; Capabilities of the BioMetric Fingerprint BLP-100 Pressure Sensitive...
- TRENDS in Fingerprint Recognition Systems. Klein, Kevin // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2003, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the use of biometrics-based devices for fingerprint recognition systems. Process of determining fingerprint; Advantages of the biometric identification; Estimation of the growth of biometrics revenue.
- Sesam Ã¶ffne dich. Scharf, Armin // werk, bauen + wohnen;Jun2007, Issue 6, p22
Will keys soon be obsolete, leaving doors, gates and access channels that can be opened only by fingerprint? At the entrance to the zoo in Hanover cameras compare real faces with data stored on the season tickets, the aim being to prevent these cards being used by persons other than those they...
- Automated Fingerprint Identification System. // Network Dictionary;2007, p51
A definition of the term "Automated Fingerprint Identification System" (AFIS) is presented. It refers to a biometric identification (ID) methodology that uses digital imaging technology to obtain, store, and analyze fingerprint data. It is stated that the AFIS was originally used by the U.S....
- Bifurcation. // Network Dictionary;2007, p65
A definition of the term "Bifurcation" is presented. It refers to a point in a finger image at which two ridges meet in the biometric process of fingerscanning. It have the appearance of branch points between curved lines.