Hybrid Video Management
- YORK REGION DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD AWARDS i3 INTERNATIONAL IP DVRS, CAMERAS CONTRACT. // Summit: The Business of Public Sector Procurement;Nov2010, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p5
The article reports that the York Region District Board School Board (YRDSB) in Toronto, Ontario has selected the digital video recorder (DVR) from i3 International Inc. as the school's surveillance system to prevent theft and guarantee school safety.
- Vision mixers: A life. Frost, Tim // TVB Europe;Feb97, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p37
Discusses the pressure faced by analog vision mixers in the light of the availability of low-cost digital sources and transmissions in the video production market. Importance of speed in post-productions; Live and post-productions as diverging markets for vision mixers; Trend in the European...
- SINCE YOU ASKED. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2010, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p81
The article focuses on the application of digital video recorders (DVRs) and network video recorder (NVRs) on video systems and analog cameras. It states that DVRs cannot use analog cameras but they can handle large amount of video recording due to their maximum storage capacity. Moreover, DVRs...
- ANALOG VIDEO:Say It Isn't So. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2010, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p88
The article focuses on the installation and significance of analog security video cameras. It explains that digital video surveillance drives the Internet Protocol (IP) platforms, complete solution integration, digital storage, video analytics, and homeland security. It notes that most of the...
- Cable Box Causes Bigger Headaches Than Daytime TV. KAGAN, AUBREY // Design News;Aug2015, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p18
The author comments on the features of a digital cable box. It mentions some of the equipment provided by a cable company when upgrading an analog TV service to a digital cable such as a main decoder and a personal video recorder (PVR) and a satellite decoder. Also described are some problems...
- DVR Use Surges, Says Firm. // Electronic News;3/27/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 13, p68
The article reports on the impact of digital video recorders (DVR) on television viewing according to Strategy Analytics. By the end of 2005, cable, satellite and other digital television providers had installed 17.4 million DVR. Manufacturers and services providers need to make the transition...
- Internet-Ready DVR. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2006, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p86
The article features Speco Technologies' DVR-IP4CF/160 digital video recorder which is an Internet-ready replacement for VCR/multiplexer installations. It is DDNS-equipped for network operation on both static and dynamic Internet Protocol addresses and can be monitored in areas where Internet...
- Change is good. Gray, Mark // MediaWeek;4/4/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 14, pSR60
Comments on the implication of the introduction of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) in the U.S. Functions of IPTV; Benefits of IPTV to consumers; Ways for advertisers to adapt to the interactive digital video recorder technology.
- AMP's video distribution system. Knight, Fred // Business Communications Review;Dec96, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p60
Features the analog video distribution system, Multimedia Distribution System. Description of broadband uniform distribution units; Features of break-out boxes; Capabilities of modulator and channelized units; Street price of starter kits; Benefits from filtering technology.