Windows-Based Digital Recording
- Tool Deletes Laptop Data from Afar. // Information Management Journal;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the data-shredding service offered by LogMeIn for lost and stolen laptops. The solution allows laptop users to remotely delete sensitive data on the hard drive after a laptop has been idle for a specified time period or after it has received an alert posted to LogMeIn.com....
- Logging Off. Pickavance, Mark // Micro Mart;5/21/2015, Issue 1363, p88
The article focuses on the decision by technology firm Microsoft to abandon its Media Center Edition digital video recorder and media player. Topics covered include the alternative control system designed for the remote control of a computer that is part of Windows XP MCE 2005, the implication...
- Slipstreaming XP and Service Pack 2. Schnakenburg, Paul // Australian Personal Computer;Dec2004, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p102
This article reports on Workshop windows xp service pack 2. There are many situations in which combining the install of Windows XP and Service Pack 2 makes a lot of sense. This is the entire Service Pack 2 â€” Windows Update and Automatic Update can't be used since these methods only...
- NEWSbits. // Network World;5/8/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p6
The article presents news briefs in the computer industry in the U.S. Microsoft Corp. plan to release its three patches for several of its software products such as Microsoft Exchange messaging server and Windows. The Open Document Format for Office Applications was approved by the International...
- Take control of installations. Booth, Angela // Australian PC User;Dec2004, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p103
Discusses the benefits associated with the use of Ashampoo UnInstaller Suite software in installing programs into Windows. Limitations of Window's own removal utility; Functions of the software; Advantage of running UnInstaller Suite in Expert Mode before installing a program.
- Now you can make Notepad print plain text files using your preferred settings. Livingston, Brian // InfoWorld;01/15/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p46
Focuses on the ways for making the settings of the Notepad applet in Windows permanent. Hidden feature of the applet.
- DO THIS... // APC (Bauer Media Group);Feb2009, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p94
The article reviews the compositing window manager software for the X window system, Compiz.
- THREAT OF THE MONTH. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Sep2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p13
The article presents information on the computer security threat LNK/Exploit.CVE-2010-2568 that affects the Windows operating system of Microsoft including how it works and how to prevent it.
- Help file. // Computer Shopper;Oct2014, Issue 320, p138
The article presents questions and answers related to computer programs including how to change network priorities in Windows 8 laptop, how to restore lost drivers in Nexus 4 smartphone and how to connect HP ProLiant MicroServer with Windows Home Server 2011.