Handheld Explosive Detectors
- Modular stepwise automation and the future of diagnostic testing. Kost, Gerald J.; Felder, Robin A. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Jun98, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p46
Part II. Discusses how to optimize and integrate individual processes on modular stepwise automation and how to involve the laboratory in real-time decision making. Process control and dynamic knowledge; Goal of transforming the clinical laboratory and diagnostic testing.
- Windows program from HYT targets particle sensing. // Electronic News (10616624);7/10/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2073, p102
Discusses Particle Vision II, a Windows-based software program developed by Pacific Scientific's High Yield Technology (HYT) that collects, displays and analyzes real-time data from all HYT in-site particle sensors. Particle Vision II; Features; Pricing information.
- Hybrid Distributed Real Time Scheduling Algorithm. Rao, A. Prashanth; Govardhan, A.; Gopal, C. Venu // GSTF Journal on Computing;2011, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p162
In the design of real time distributed system, the scheduling problem is considered to be nature of NP Hard and has been addressed in the literature. However due growing complexities of real time applications, there is need to find optimal dynamic scheduling algorithm. In this paper, we describe...
- Femoral canal sizing device optimizes fit for hip implants. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jan2005, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p62
The article reports that a sensor device capable of acquiring real-time geometrical information about the human femoral intramedullary canal has been developed through a research project at Cedarville University in Cedarville, Ohio and the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The...
- The Visibility of Integrated Tactical Logistics Project. Embrey, Grady M. // Army Sustainment;May/Jun2014, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p52
The article discusses the Visibility of Integrated Tactical Logistics (VITaL) project conducted by the field operating agency Logistics Innovation Agency (LIA). Topics include the intention of the VITaL project to use sensor technology for the passage of real-time data from supply points, the...
- Security net. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/8/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p17
Features NTvision, a real-time video system developed by researchers at the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Algorithm simulates five speakers with just two. R.N. // Electronic Design;12/02/96, Vol. 44 Issue 25, p27
Reports on Spatializer Audio Laboratories Inc.'s development of a real-time processing algorithm that simulates the use of five speakers with just two. Applications; Performance; Contact information.
- An Event-Related Study for Dynamic Analysis of Corticomuscular Connectivity. Ou Bai; Dandan Huang; Peter Lin; Jinglong Wu; Xuedong Chen; Ding-Yu Fei // Biomedical Engineering & Computational Biology;2010, Issue 2, p1
Corticomuscular coupling estimated by EEG-EMG coherence may reveal functional cortical driving of peripheral muscular activity. EEG-EMG coherence in the beta band (15-30 Hz) has been extensively studied under isometric muscle contraction tasks. We attempted to study the time-course of...
- MSOs Seek Closer Ties to 'Peers' to Strengthen Everyone's Backbone. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;9/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p3
Reports the high-speed data services of the multiple-systems operator in the U.S. Strategy of network operators on forging peering agreements to cut transport cost and network performance improvement; Benefits of the agreements on data traffic; Activation of Cox Communications on the peer link...