Microwave Perimeter Protection Detector
- Intrusion Detection Using Wavelet Transform and Non Negative Matrix Factorization. Yongzhen KE; Wei SUN; Wenju LIU; Ze WANG // International MultiConference of Engineers & Computer Scientists;2007, p1345
We analyzed the vulnerabilities of system calls based intrusion detection systems, considering modeling the transition property and modeling the frequency property for system calls invoked by certain processes, based on the report about using common exploit to fool the detector. We suggest that...
- Facility Security: Intrusion Systems -- Part 1. Rosenberg, Paul // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jul2000, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p60
Differentiates types of intrusion detection systems to help customize a building's security plan. Breaking an electrical circuit; Interruption of a light beam; Detection of vibration, motion and capacitance change in an electrostatic field; Microwave systems.
- STR Moves Manufacturing Operations to Canada. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p28
The article reports on the transfer of STR Inc.'s manufacturing operations from Europe to Toronto in Canada based on its success in the North American market as provider of outdoor microwave intrusion detection systems. STR performs well both in management and sales in Canada since 2004. The...
- Burglars Can Be Smoked Out. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the intrusion technology being marketed in the U.S. Concept of the technology; Aim for the installation; Features of the product.
- Device Designed to Reduce False Alarms. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2006, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p51
The article focuses on the electronic false alarm reduction device for burglars designed by medical doctor Randall Wang in the U.S. The device is connected to an alarm panel in order for the passive infrared zones be intercepted and interpreted. A real break-in has been installed to identify...
- SOME CLUSTERING ALGORITHMS TO ENHANCE THE PERFORMANCE OF THE NETWORK INTRUSION DETECTION SYSTEM. Panda, Mrutyunjaya; Patra, Manas Ranjan // Estudios de EconomÃa Aplicada;Aug2008, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p795
Most current intrusion detection systems are signature based ones or machine learning based methods. Despite the number of machine learning algorithms applied to KDD 99 cup, none of them have introduced a pre-model to reduce the huge information quantity present in the different KDD 99 datasets....
- Reserving judgment on IDS death. Dix, John // Network World;7/14/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p32
Editorial. Comments on the demise of the intrusion-detection systems. Difference of role from other security components; Popularity of intrusion detection systems.
- Intruder Detectors Monitor Mass Changes. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p76
The article evaluates the AGAT S6 series of volumetric microwave detectors from STR International Inc.
- Advanced Detectors for Microwave Perimeter Protection. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2008, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p119
The article evaluates the IBM Bi-static and VMS Monostatic Detectors from STR Inc.