Old Locks Under New Management
- ASK JAMES. Hunt, James // Micro Mart;9/5/2013, Issue 1276, p94
The article presents an answer to a question of how to use a hardware key to lock and unlock a computer.
- FAMILY OF ACCESS CONTROL. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p9
Presents the set of access control systems from Crow Company. Inclusion of a two-door access controller for the system; Additional features of the system; Combination of Magic keypads and proximity reader for the operation of one system.
- AV Room-control Systems. Liles, Bennett // Sound & Video Contractor;Apr2006, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p48
Features a selection of products for audiovisual room control and monitoring. ConVA media control software from Dukane; MLC-104 Internet protocol from Extron; RN-8200A Room Navigator from FSR; Programmable control panels from Procon Technology.
- Military Mechatronics Stores a Lethal Punch. REICHARD, JASON // Design News;Mar2014, Vol. 69 Issue 3, pM2
The article focuses on weapon storage management system (WSMS) used by military companies. Topics discussed include the standardization of WSMS to work across platforms, the WSMS designed by aerospace engineering company Moog Inc. and plans to adapt the Moog WSMS for commercial ground vehicles...
- Control panel design advice. Hoske, Mark T. // Control Engineering;Feb2010, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p23
The author reflects on the Control Panel Video Tutorial contest which was offered online to the public by "Control Engineering" to solicit advice on the design, components specifications and system integration of control panels. He claims the response to the contest was good and "Control...
- Focal SM8 Powered Monitors. Hannigan, Joe // Mix;Jan2006, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p120
The article features the Focal Inc. SM8 Powered Monitors. The self-powered bi-amped speaker weighs 33 pounds. Focal Manager allows control of output level, shelving EQ, general EQ, assorted presets and delays for either speaker. Some features include the use of FIR equalization.
- LOCKSET WORKS WITH WIEGAND ACCESS SYSTEMS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2008, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p121
The article evaluates the Harmony lockset from SARGENT.
- LOCKSETS CONNECT TO ETHERNET. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2009, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p96
The article evaluates the Passport PI, a lockset that is connected to the Ethernet network with standard cabling, from Sargent Manufacturing Co.
- Control de bajo coste para dispositivos hÃ¡pticos. Melo-Uribe, Javier; Sánchez-Tapia, Emilio // DYNA - IngenierÃa e Industria;abr2010, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p237
Haptic interfaces are robotic devices that let the user touch virtual reality scenarios. Comparing with classic industrial robotics, in which robots are confined in workcells doing repetitive tasks,we can say that the haptic interfaces have a handle as end-effector to let the user grasp it. That...