Intrusion Alarm System
- Dynegy Benefits from Alarm-Management Solution. // Power Engineering;Apr2007, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p76
The article looks at the installation of ProcessGuard and Alarm management of change configuration assistant (MOCCA) alarm-management software from Matrikon Inc. on the Baldwin Energy Complex power plant of Dynergy Inc. ProcessGuard examines the distributed control system (DCS) in real-time...
- Overexposure. Wallace, Thomas J. // Conde Nast Traveler;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on the need for security in traveling and the issue of personal liberty. Detection of the invisible intrusions; Consideration of the incremental invasions of privacy by governments to be tolerable; Danger for the abuse and misuse of information.
- Physical Safety Comes First. Fleming, Cathy // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2006, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p90
The article provides insights from credit union executives in the United States on how to keep employees, members and facilities safe. They share some lessons they have learned about physical security. Some suggestions to reduce physical threats include use of a digital camera that can feed...
- In Search Of The Smartest Sentry. Mier, Edwing E.; Mier, David C. // Business Communications Review;Aug2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p54
Intrusion prevention systems (IPSs) have emerged as the latest and most promising defense for networks. A single device can watch all passing traffic, in real time, and spot and automatically intercept and block malicious traffic-worms, viruses, even denial-of-service attacks. In May 2004,...
- VideoMinex Purchases Remote Video Patrol. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on the move of VideoMinex Inc. to purchase Remote Video Patrol (RVP) in the U.S. Security concepts of RVP; Enhancement of technology and management practices in RVP; Use of RVP for commercial security protection and remote video surveillance.
- THREAT FOCUS. Spangler, Todd // Baseline;12/15/2005, Issue 53, p58
The article highlights the security products offered by McAfee Associates. McAfee primarily offered anti-virus software but later on it's product line was expanded to include intrusion detection and prevention systems, encryption software, anti-spyware and anti-spam software. Humana, a health...
- BEYOND VIRUSES. Spangler, Todd // Baseline;12/15/2005, Issue 53, p60
The article highlights the computer security products and services offered by Symantec. The firm provides firewalls, intrusion detection systems and managed security services. UnumProvident uses the managed security services of Symantec to monitor detection and prevention systems. Symantec also...
- Terminations dictate video quality. Colombo, Al // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov98, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p22
Offers advice on minimizing ghosts from a non-source-terminated camera. Problems with pan-and-tilt control; Installation of a distribution amplifier; Insertion of a video recorder between the camera and monitor.
- Means to an endpoint. Ohlhorst, Frank // eWeek;12/17/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 39, pM1
The article focuses on the use of the Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition developed by Semantec. The product features desktop security capabilities, self-enforcement and intrusion prevention. It is designed to protect networks and endpoints from threats. Endpoint also keeps malicious...