Reader Perfect for Parking Control
- Late decision puts UK behind rest in smartcard stakes. // Electronics Weekly;4/23/2003, Issue 2096, p20
Discusses the security features that smartcards provide to banks in Great Britain. Cost of introducing smartcards in banks; Adoption of smartcards in Europe.
- GRAPHICS CARDS: HOW THEY COMPARE. Yates, Darren // Australian PC User;Oct2004, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p34
Compares several personal computer graphic cards. Extreme AX800 XT from Asus; V9999 Gamer Edition from Asus; Radeon X800 XT from ATI.
- Product focus--EMV smart cards. // Market: Latin America;Aug2006, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p2
This article reports on the use of smart cards in Latin America in 2006. Begun to be introduced around the world, smart cards are proliferating in the region. Some benefits of smart cards are indicated, including its improved capacity and security for consumers. In addition, this article cites...
- Smart reader. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Nov2004, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p57
The article reports that combining the advantages of contact and contactless smart technology, Omnikey's CardMan 5121 is an affordable dual interface smart card reader. The reader is based on a 13.56 MHz contactless smart card RFID interface and works with a variety of cards. The dual interface...
- Memory cards added to multimedia range. // Electronics Weekly;9/3/2003, Issue 2113, p25
FCI Inc. has added two secure digital SD memory card connectors to its multimedia product range. The push-push and manual SD connectors support memory cards providing a removable storage capacity of up to 256Mbyte of encrypted data. Using cryptographic coding, SD memory cards are for consumer...
- High-speed data in the cards. // Wireless Review;May2005, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p16
Evaluates the KPC650 personal computer (PC) card from Kyocera Wireless. Key features; Role of the PC card in the EV-DO network of Verizon Wireless; Mechanism of the PC card.
- RARITAN EXPANDS SMART CARD SOLUTION FOR SECURE ACCESS. // Computer Workstations;Apr2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p2
The article reports on the move of Raritan to expand its smart card solution portfolio to provide data centers with a level of security for accessing and managing equipment. The company presents the new Dominion KX II Smart Card Reader Solution, which enables card readers to be placed where they...
- For Smart Cards, Security is the Key. Titus, Jon // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jun2006, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p27
The article discusses developments in smart cards. Smart cards with a microprocessor or microcontroller unit provide the most flexibility and a wide range of capabilities that let them protect sensitive information. Production of a smart card involved removing a processor chip and contact set...
- PICK A CARD. Dipert, Brian // EDN;7/8/2004, Vol. 49 Issue 14, p53
This article addresses the diversity of available memory cards. Time and again, a consistent theme in the card-format industry market emerges. If several competing approaches exist, all able to meet the application needs, but one is more compact than the others, the industry will anoint it as...