Galactic Access Control
- Design Considerations For Maximizing Backplane Data Speeds. Soupir, Pete // Design News;Aug2014, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p42
The article discusses the innovative solutions used by system designers to resolve the issue of the limited ability of conventional backplanes to accommodate higher data speeds. Topics discussed include the quad-route backplane connector solutions that provide more column-to-column space than...
- How to Make your own coloured coolant. // Custom PC;Jun2014, Issue 129, p110
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating a coloured coolant to match one's computer case or motherboard.
- New Products: Boards & Modules. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Dec2000, Vol. 44 Issue 14, p66
Introduces various computer boards and modules. Digital input-output boards; Fieldbus device implementation packages; Servo motion controllers.
- PCI Express gains I/O virtualization. Mihalis, Zack // Network World;7/24/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p31
The article offers information about the updates of the parallel computer bus architecture of the PCI Express. The deployment of the recent computer bus architecture of the company has failed to meet the unique input/out (I/O) demands for high performance storage and networking. Due to the...
- On-the-fly Data Transmission for FPGA Acceleration: A Case Study. Jintao Yu; Jianmin Pang; Zheng Shan; Haoran Guo // Journal of Convergence Information Technology;Oct2012, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p418
FPGA modules may have rather high speed up ratios over CPUs, but they can rarely achieve the best performance due to communication bottlenecks in low coupling reconfigurable systems. In this paper we adopt a fast-speed data transmission method to increase the capacity of hardware acceleration....
- BUDGET PC. // Custom PC;Jun2013, Issue 117, p22
A chart is presented that lists the ebst hardware available for a budget personal computer (PC) including Xigamtek Midgard II, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system and GA-F2A85XM-D3H motherboard.
- Choosing backplane I/O. Johnson, Matt // EDN;10/12/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 21, p183
Focuses on the selection and use of backplane input-output technology. Backplane design; Keys to choosing a backplane architecture suited to an application; Differences between parallel and serial architectures; Data-distribution methods.
- DON'T NEGLECT PHYSICAL ISSUES. // EDN Europe;Jul2002, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on issues related to the physical circuit layout of motherboards. Challenges on the design process; Reliability of solder mask defined pads; Advantages on the implementation of non-solder mask defined pads.
- distribution data point. // CRN;2/7/2005, Issue 1132, p41
Presents sales information on motherboards for December 2004. Increase in unit volume compared with that of December 2003; Increase in revenue, translating in a decline in the average selling price.