Protecting Your DVR Investment
- HDV Editing Dos and Don'ts. Davis, Bill // Videomaker;May2006, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p78
Discusses several workflow issues concerning high definition camcorders (HDV). Compatibility with computer software capable of editing video production quality; HDV data rates; HDV compression scheme.
- AN EFFICIENT SUPER RESOLUTION TECHNIQUE FOR LOSS LESS COMPRESSED BAYER COLOUR FILTER ARRAY IMAGES. Chiranjeevi, K.; Kumari, U. V. Ratna; Telagarapu, Prabhakar // International Journal on Computer Science & Engineering;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p1804
In digital cameras, Bayer color filter array(CFA) images are captured and demosaicing is carried out before compression. Recently, it was found that compression-first schemes outperform the conventional demosaicing-first schemes in terms of output image quality. An efficient prediction-based...
- DVR Technology Provides 2-for-1 Compression. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2005, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p49
Explains how devices work together that use both MJPEG and MPEG4 technologies. Techniques use by the latest generation of digital video recorder (DVR); Function of a transcoder; Advantage and disadvantages of simultaneously encode the video in both MJPEG and MPEG4 compression format; Key to the...
- ALIASING IN DETAIL. Wilt, Adam // DV: Digital Video;Jun2006, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p52
The article considers how the U.S. digital video industry measures camera resolution. Resolution measures how much spatial detail a system can reproduce. Traditionally, it is specified as the point where increasingly fine detail blurs out to an undifferentiated gray. To measure the resolution...
- Wavelets both implode and explode images. Travis, Bill // EDN;12/21/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 26, p55
Discusses features offered by wavelet video-processing technology. High file-compression ratios; Enlarging of images in magnification mode without the pixelation effects that accompany linear zooms; Reduction of hard-disk storage capacity needed for real-time recording and for archival storage.
- Beyond "Final Cut" Computer Science Literacy in Media. Londino, Cathleen; Londino, Paul // International Journal of Science in Society;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p129
This paper provides an overview of what media students should know to successfully compete in today's tapeless/HD professional work environment, which goes well beyond competency in industry standard editing programs. In today's production and broadcasting environments, where most content is...
- A New Fast Intra Prediction Mode Decision Algorithm for H.264/AVC Encoders. Elyousfi, A.; Tamtaoui, A.; Bouyakhf, E. // Proceedings of World Academy of Science: Engineering & Technolog;2007, Vol. 21, p1
The H.264/AVC video coding standard contains a number of advanced features. Ones of the new features introduced in this standard is the multiple intra-mode prediction. Its function exploits directional spatial correlation with adjacent block for intra prediction. With this new features, intra...
- how H is your HD? Burokas, Anthony // EventDV;Sep2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p43
Offers a look at the advantages of high definition (HD) over standard definition in digital photography. Standard definition video in megapixels; Main difference between the HD formats 1080i and 720p; Specifications of Sony CineAlta camera.
- Fuzzy Entropy Interpretation and Its Application in Deinterlacing. Gwanggil Jeon // International Journal of Software Engineering & Its Applications;Jun2014, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p139
This paper proposes a new deinterlacing method using fuzzy entropy-based cost function to select possible image deinterlacing methods. The classical entropy was presented by Shannon, which is widely used in information and communication theory. Apart from Shannon's entropy, fuzzy entropy deals...