Customization: Big Deal for Little Sisters
- Three-storey glory. // Fire Safety Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p38
The article focuses on the specification by Ashford Borough Council to use Aico Ei RadioLink mains-powered smoke alarm systems on all new installations in England. The decision follows after conducting successful trials on town houses. The combination of Radiolink and Aico Ei160 alarms features...
- Analog addressable fire alarm systems compared to conventional systems. Grones, Jack; Foltz, Brian // Plant Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p46
This article presents a comparison between an analog addressable fire alarm systems and conventional systems. An analog addressable system has all the characteristics und features of an addressable system, but expands on the information provided to the control panel. Detectors in an analog...
- New products from Kidde. // International Fire & Security Product News;Apr2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on several fire alarm products launched by Kidde Products. Features of the Vega LT analogue fire alarm control panel; Function of the Hart Mini sensitivity smoke detector; Information on the conventional control panel introduced by Kidde.
- Development of a Traceable Fire Alarm System Based on the Conventional Fire Alarm System. Jee, Seung-Wook; Lee, Chun-Ha; Kim, Si-Kuk; Lee, Jae-Jin; Kim, Phil-Young // Fire Technology;May2014, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p805
Many countries use conventional fire alarm control panels (FACPs) and conventional detectors as fire alarm systems (FASs) because of economic advantages. This study analyzes several problems with conventional FASs and describes an advanced FAS, the traceable FAS, that we developed to solve these...
- Apollo protects world's largest indoor climbing arena. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2005, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p13
The article focuses on the Apollo-based intelligent fire detection system that has been installed at the Adventure Centre, Ratho, home of Scotland's National Rock Climbing Centre and the country's National Judo Academy. The fire detection system was supplied and installed by Emkay Fire Detection...
- NOBY UK. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p49
The article presents information on the Noby-220 fire control panel unveiled by Noby UK Ltd. The panel is mainly manufactured for the residential market. It is also suitable for shops, offices, bed-sits, student accommodation and guest houses. The growing concerns over the vulnerability of...
- FIRE PROTECTION-LIFE SAFETY EQUIPMENT. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2007 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 37, p20
A list of fire protection-life safety equipment is presented. It includes air sampling systems, addressable sensors, beam detectors, carbon monoxide alarms, duct detectors, flame detectors, gas detectors,heat detectors, manual fire alarm pull stations & accessories and smoke sensors and detectors.
- How to Ensure Fire-Alarm System Reliability. Knoras Jr., Michael J. // Buildings;Jun2007, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p88
The article presents information on how to ensure the reliability of fire-alarm systems. If you understand what type of building you have and how your community's codes apply, you will better understand your fire-alarm system's role in the life safety of your building. The most important thing...
- The editor's comment. Northey, John // Fire Safety Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
Comments on the activities in respect of revising and preparing new standards in the fire detection and alarm area in Great Britain in 2002. Revision of code of practice for fire detection and alarm systems; Design and installation of fire detection and alarm systems; Smoke alarms for deaf people.