The Magic of Mix & Match Communications
- What's that noise? Broughton, Mike; Choppen, Bob; Jones, Vivian; Stockwell, Nigel // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p11
Argues that there is a need for a standard alarm tone or tones reserved for fire alarm use. Role played by audible signals; Indication of the widespread use of audible alarms; Approach to standards for fire detection and alarm systems in the country.
- FIRE PRODUCT NEWS. // International Fire & Security Product News;Jun2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p24
Introduces several fire detection and fire prevention systems. Features of the alarm sounders from Klaxon Signals; Categories of the spill containment and control products developed by Kidde Fire Protection Services; Door retainer range from Vimpex.
- Fire Alarm Notification Devices. Felgate, Mark W.; Grafe, Edward M. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar2005, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p57
Focuses on the application of fire-alarm notification appliances. Prescriptive and performance requirements; Specifications of notification appliances; Factors to consider in using notification appliances.
- Fire Alarm System Facts. Holt, Mike // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Nov2006, Vol. 105 Issue 11, p40
The article discusses the installation of wiring and equipment for fire alarm systems under Article 760. The fire alarm systems under the Article include fire detection and alarm notification, voice communication, guard's tour, sprinkler water flow, and sprinkler supervisory systems. Details...
- Clearing the Smoke. Shaver, John Michael // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Apr2007, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p28
The article focuses on issues surrounding fire alarm systems. Despite the fact that a fire alarm system is more frequently considered an integral part of life safety and security issues, uncertainties still exist on the part of designers, specifiers, and installers. One of the most common issues...
- EXPERT TIPS ON FIRE ALARM SIGNALING. Hammerberg, Thomas P. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2005, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p52
This article presents information on the installation and uses of fire alarm systems. The article also discusses fire alarm notification appliances required in fire and building codes. NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm Code, doesn't require anything to be installed with the exception of a smoke...
- New fire-alarm systems have brains and brawn. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);7/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 15, pA11
Focuses on intelligent systems in fire alarms. Information on how intelligent systems works; Overview of a trial of wireless fire alarm systems at Davenport Hotel in Spokane, Washington; Value of addressable components of fire alarms.
- Which Came First? Lunis, Natalie // Household Inventions: From Tiolets to Toasters;2006, p21
The article talks about smoke alarms and home security systems. Statistics show that deaths from fires have decreased by half in homes with smoke alarms, which were invented in 1969. Home security systems protect homes and property by sending a warning to people at the security company. The home...
- WHAT'S IN A TOUCH-TONE? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2006, Vol. 36 Issue 4, following p96
The article discusses the interpretation of a signal by the automatic monitoring system of a fire or burglar alarm. The amount of time between tones is important for the alarm panel to send a signal to the central station. Poor reception of the touch-tone signal means that the alarm cannot be...