REID: Technology that Disrupts
- RFID Grew in 2002. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;5/5/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 18, p20
Reports on the 2002 sales of radio frequency identification hardware supply-chain management applications. Estimated compounded annual growth of the sector; Factors that contributed to the business' growth.
- RADIO FREQUENCY IDENTIFICATION (RFID) AND LIBRARY MANAGEMENT IN NIGER DELTA REGION OF NIGERIA. Kamalu, U. A.; Deinbo-Briggs, O. M.; Saliu, I. M. // Continental Journal of Engineering Sciences;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p44
The Radio frequency identification (RFID) based book management systems design is aimed at revolutionize the library automation systems. In this work, library automation software and its associate hardware were designed and developed to handle the library catalog, library circulation operations...
- Control With A Flair. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p65
The article focuses on the technological advancements in keypads and touch screens as a way for end users to control their alarm systems. Honeywell Security product marketing director Robert Puric indicates that the capability of touch screens to help unlock powerful new applications makes the...
- RF/ID standards can take you many places. David, Mark // Automatic I.D. News;Nov96, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p6
Focuses on radio frequency identification (RF/ID) standardization. Incorporation of Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) tagging systems with RF/ID tags in source-marking; Anticipated problems; Open system for similar products; Growth of bar-code technology.
- RFID-based Wireless ID System Unveiled. // Health Management Technology;Jul2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p6
Evaluates the eShepard, a software and hardware platform using both Wi-Fi and radio frequency identification systems, from Exavera Technologies. Key features; Advantages and disadvantages.
- TRADEWIND DEBUTS PLUG & PLAY FOR RFID TECHNOLOGIES. // Computer Protocols;Dec2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p5
This article presents information on the release of the ContactlessONE solution by TradeWind Technologies LLC as of December 2005. The solution is combination hardware, software, and documentation to make High Frequency radio frequency identification development (RFID) and deployment plug and...
- New RFID / NFC Reader for IP-based Networks -- Max 50 Reader. // RFID: Radio Frequency Identification;Mar2013, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p3
The article offers brief information on the Max 50 reader, a radio frequency identification (RFID) or near field communication (NFC) reader for internet protocol (IP) networks.
- New networks will transform IT directors into service providers. Saran, Cliff // Computer Weekly;4/15/2003, p18
This article interviews Greg Stroud, UK managing director, Sun Microsystems in Great Britain on the activities of the company Sun Microsystems Inc. Stroud is concerned that people are deploying information technology infrastructure in ways unsuitable for the type of applications they plan to...
- PRODUCT PREVIEWS. Venezia, Paul // InfoWorld;6/14/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p16
The article evaluates computer software and hardware. Sun Microsystems' efforts to reposition itself as a software solutions vendor continue with the announcement of its Java System radio frequency identification (RFID) Software, built upon several other Sun software products. Two components...