Smart Cards Under Attack-Literally
- Pic czars want piracy law. Holdsworth, Nick // Daily Variety;9/17/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 53, p4
The article reports on the plan of Russian studio chiefs to push the government to create a unified Russian piracy law that will cover all copyright theft on the Internet.
- Next Generation Prox Provides More Options, Convenience. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on the use of high frequency proximity cards for hands-free door access. Offer of faster information exchange; Multifunctionality of the cards; Expansion of the read range compared to the old smart cards. INSET: Low Frequency Still High on Features, Functions.
- Smart Security. Wittebolle, Veronique // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2001, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p41
Focuses on the capability of smart cards to revolutionize various aspects of security. Key features of smart cards; Types of smart cards; Flexibility and reliability of smart cards.
- Security Smarts. // Chain Store Age;Jul2002, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p68
Focuses on the response of the smart-card industry to concerns over the security of using smart cards. Information on a strategy for proving the vulnerability of smart cards; Details on the options offered by the smart-card industry.
- PATROL FOR PIRATES. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;6/26/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the security measures taken by organizers of the RAI Convention Center in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Deployment of security personnel to patrol would-be video pirates; Motion pictures receiving special precautions during screening; Offer of a specially assembled footage from the sequel...
- U.S. Smart Cards Seen Flourishing -- Eventually. Kuykendall, Lavonne // American Banker;11/9/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 216, p7
Reports the availability of smart cards for fraud prevention to customer retention in the United States. Decline of fraud due to the use of neural networks; Features of the smart cards; Popularity of the cards due to the advertising campaigns made by American Express Co.
- Traders gear up for chip-and-Pin future. Huber, Nick // Computer Weekly;3/27/2003, p16
Focuses on the trial of fraud prevention program based on smartcard technology in Great Britain. Authentication of card purchases with personal information number of consumers; Goal to reduce credit card fraud.
- Fraud Could Come from North After Canada Phases in EMV. Fitzgerald, Kate // American Banker;7/14/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 107, p6
The article reports that criminals specializing in magnetic stripe card fraud were expected to increasingly target the U.S., after Canada and Mexico converted to EMV (Europay, MasterCard and VISA) Integrated Circuit Card Specifications.
- SDM iNSiDER. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p26
This article reports on some developments related to the security systems industry. HID Corp. of Irvine, California has announced support for the United States Government Smart Card Interoperability Specification Version 2.1 based on the company's iCLASS 13.56 MHz contact less smart card...