Warning or Wanting? Cities Mandate Cameras
- IT'S ABOUT TIME DEPARTMENT. Dean-Mayor, Walter // New Yorker;1/24/1970, Vol. 45 Issue 49, p92
An excerpt from an item in the "Weyauwega Chronicle" about an ordinance repealing another ordinance in the city of Weyauwega, Wisconsin, is presented.
- City standing behind higher impound fees. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;3/14/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 11, pA3
The article focuses on the stand of the city of Collinsville in Illinois behind its 2008 city ordinance imposing a two-tier fee system on impounded vehicles.
- CORRECTION. // Crain's Detroit Business;5/12/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p0002
A correction to the article related to Ypsilanti Township's enforcement of regulations in the April 28, 2014 issue is presented.
- Solon prudent in wage vote. // Corridor Business Journal;9/28/2015, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p14
The author argues that the Solon City Council in Iowa was prudent in opting out of an ordinance that would cause challenges to small businesses, and cites Marion for its designation as a "Blue Zones" city, both in September 2015.
- Meadville City Council considers non-discrimination ordinance. // Erie Gay News;Jul2014, Issue 224, p1
The article reports on the decision of Meadville City Council in Pennsylvania to research and review a proposed nondiscrimination ordinance for that city on June 18, 2014.
- TENNESSEE AVENUE. Hinckley, Jim // American Road;Spring2006, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p48
Presents information on the mining town of Chloride, Arizona. History of the town; Kinds of ordinances that were introduced when the town grew in the 1900s; Economic impact of mine closures.
- Local Ordinances That Promote Physical Activity: A Survey of Municipal Policies. Librett, John J.; Yore, Michelle M.; Schmid, Thomas L. // American Journal of Public Health;Sep2003, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p1399
In this Utah-based study, we sought to identify the types of municipal employees responsible for physical activity policies, identify municipal ordinances that may influence physical activity, and determine local governments' intentions to implement policies. In 2001, we mailed a survey to all...
- Flexibility from California on Privacy Laws. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;6/3/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 105, p2
The article reports on a dispute that occurred in 2002 when three San Francisco, California municipalities passed ordinances that would require financial institutions with branches in their jurisdictions to get permission from customers before sharing private information with affiliates or third...
- Owner may be cited if vehicle runs stoplight. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;4/3/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 14, pA1
The article reports on the amendment of the red-light camera ordinance in St. Peters, Missouri after City Attorney Randy Weber was asked by police officials to recommend changes.