Management of Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Primary epidural lymphocyte-depleted Hodgkin's lymphoma of the thoracic spine - presentation of a rare disease variant. Kasper, Ekkehard M.; Lam, Fred C.; Luedi, Markus M.; Zinn, Pascal O.; Pihan, German A. // BMC Neurology;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p64
Background: Lymphocyte-depleted Hodgkin's lymphoma is the rarest form of classical Hodgkin's lymphoma, accounting for < 1% of all cases. Patients often have advanced-stage disease at the time of presentation with an aggressive clinical course. Even more uncommon is primary extranodal disease and...
- Hodgkin lymphoma in Tyrolâ€”a population-based study. Fong, Dominic; Steurer, Michael; Greil, Richard; Gunsilius, Eberhard; Spizzo, Gilbert; Gastl, Guenther; Tzankov, Alexandar // Annals of Hematology;May2009, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p449
We aimed to analyze the epidemiology, clinical characteristics, and outcome of patients with Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) diagnosed in Tyrol. All patients with newly diagnosed HL between 1993 and 2005 were included in this study. Among the 158 cases included, nodular lymphocytic predominant HL (nodular...
- A 20-year population-based study on the epidemiology, clinical features, treatment, and outcome of nodular lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin lymphoma. Raemaekers, J.; Strobbe, L.; Valke, L.; Diets, I.; Brand, M.; Hebeda, K.; Krieken, J.; Aben, K.; Valke, L L F G; Diets, I J; van den Brand, M; Raemaekers, J M M; Hebeda, K M; van Krieken, J H J M // Annals of Hematology;Feb2016, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p417
Nodular lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin lymphoma (NLPHL) is a subtype of Hodgkin lymphoma characterized by a unique clinical and histological presentation. Because of the rare nature of this disease, few large-scale studies are available. We conducted a cohort study in which patients were...
- Dual B and T markers on lymphocytes in fulminant nodular lymphoma. Kirov, S.M.; Lowenhthal, R.M. // British Medical Journal;11/27/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6047, p1295
Examines the importance of B and T-lymphocyte markers in diagnosing fulminant lymphocytic lymphoma. Presence of B lymphocytes within the bone marrow; Contents of thymus with T lymphocytes; Evaluation of tests for lymphocyte surface markers.
- A Cutaneous Nodule on the Left Temple. Jaiswal, Vilkesh R.; Amirkhan, Robin H.; Hoang, Mai P. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Dec2003, Vol. 127 Issue 12, pe432
Presents a pathologic case study of cutaneous lymphadenoma seen in an old man with nodule on the left temple. Clinical history of the patient; Results of physical and laboratory examinations performed on the patient; Background on the disease.
- Serum Levels of Interleukin-6 in Patients with Cutaneous Polyarteritis Nodosa. Kawakami, Tamihiro; Takeuchi, Sora; Soma, Yoshinao // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;2012, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p322
The article presents a case study of an 88-year-old woman with non Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) who underwent a surgery for the excision of mass from her breast. After skin biopsy, she was diagnosed with homogenous, eosinophillic nodular deposit of amyloid in the dermis in association with blood...
- Phenytoin. // Reactions Weekly;Mar2014, Vol. 1491 Issue 1, p26
An abstract of the article "Nodular lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin lymphoma and diphenylhydantoin: Report of a case and review of the literature," by S. Sharma and colleagues is presented.
- Hodgkin's Disease: Intramedullary Phagocytosis with Pancytopenia. Korman, Louis Y.; Smith, J. Robert; Landaw, Stephen A.; Davey, Frederick R. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul79, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p60
Describes the case of a patient with lymphocyte-depletion Hodgkin's disease in which the destruction of blood elements by intramedullary macrophages resulted in severe, refractory pancytopenia. Finding of a pancytopenia in lymphocyte-depletion Hodgkin's disease; Diseases associated with...
- Percentage of activated cytotoxic T-lymphocytes in anaplastic large cell lymphoma and Hodgkinâ€™s disease: an independent biological prognostic marker. ten Berge, R L; Oudejans, J J; Dukers, D F; Meijer, J W R; Ossenkoppele, G J; Meijer, C J L M // Leukemia (08876924);Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p458
Recently, we demonstrated that the presence of high percentages of activated cytotoxic T-lymphocytes (CTLs) in biopsy specimens of both Hodgkin's disease (HD) and ALK negative anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL) is associated with a poor prognosis. To test whether this biological prognostic...