74-Year-Old Woman With Dyspnea on Exertion and Anemia
- Systemic Sclerosis Presenting with Simultaneous Retinal Vasculitis in One Eye and Optic Neuritis in the other along with Severe Immune Haemolytic Anaemia. MOULICK, AVIJIT; SARKAR, BISWANATH SHARMA; JANA, ANIRBAN; GUHA, PRADIPTA; DAS, ANJAN // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Dec2013, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p2978
Systemic Sclerosis (SSc) is a connective tissue disorder which involves multiple systems in a chronic progressive manner. Microâ€“angiopathic haemolytic anaemia is a distinguished feature of "scleroderma renal crisis", which is manifested by severe hypertension, a rapidly progressing renal...
- HIV-associated multicentric Castleman's disease. de Fátima Naime, Fauzia; Fakhouri, Felipe; Martins, Carlos Saraiva; Couto, Wilson José // Rare Tumors;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p127
Multicentric Castleman's disease (MCD) is a rare lymphoproliferative disorder. It is found with higher frequency in patients with HIV infection, with systemic symptoms and poor prognosis. We present the case of a 32-year old man with HIV disease, Kaposi's sarcoma, lymphadenopathy, fever and...
- Diagnosing, Treating, and Preventing Venous Thromboembolism in Patients With Cancer. Blais, Normand // Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing;Dec2008, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p869
The article discusses the case of an African-American patient with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer who presented with complaints of increased dyspnea. The results of the patient's physical and laboratory examinations are described. The patient was diagnosed of having acute venous...
- Three-year survival after surgery for primary malignant pericardial mesothelioma: report of a case. Fujita, Kishu; Hata, Mitsumasa; Sezai, Akira; Minami, Kazutomo // Surgery Today;May2014, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p948
A 59-year-old female underwent surgery for a primary malignant pericardial mesothelioma. She presented with progressive dyspnea, and several imaging studies demonstrated a 65 Ã— 22 mm tumor in the aortopulmonary window, accompanied by massive pericardial effusion. The tumor was successfully...
- A patient with complex multiple genomic ALK alterations. Xin Liu; Rice, Shawn J.; Jamis-Dow, Carlos A.; Abendroth, Catherine; Ali, Siraj; Almokadem, Salah; Belani, Chandra P. // Thorax;Apr2016, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p383
The article presents a case study of a 43-year-old woman who complaints of dyspnoea. Topics mentioned include her diagnosis through computed tomography (CT), the importance of health management, and the lung cancer treatment. Also mentioned are the patients health management and the social...
- 73-year-old woman with acute dyspnea and enlarging neck mass. Lee, Stephanie L.; Port, Ava // Endocrine Today;Jan2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p8
The article describes a case of acute dyspnea and enlarging neck mass in a 73-year-old Caucasian woman.
- Bortezomib. // Reactions Weekly;9/3/2011, Issue 1367, p10
The article describes the clinical cases of three older people who developed dyspnoea after receiving bortezomib for amytrophic lateral (AL) amyloidosis.
- Warm Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia with a Direct Antiglobulin Test Positive for C3 and Negative for IgG: A Case Study and Analytical Literature Review of Incidence and Severity. Palla, Amruth R.; Khimani, Farhad; Craig, Michael D. // Clinical Medicine Insights: Case Reports;2013, Issue 6, p57
Polygenic IgG autoantibodies are implicated in majority of the cases of warm autoimmune hemolytic anemia (WAIHA). In some of these cases, complement (C3) proteins accompany the IgG antibodies. WAIHA mediated by C3 alone is relatively rare. We present an interesting case of WAIHA with a direct...
- A 58-Year-Old Renal Transplant Recipient With Fever and Progressive Dyspnea. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Jun2014, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p1738
The article presents a case study of a 58-year-old Caucasian male from Montreal, Quebec who was diagnosed with fever and progressive dyspnea.