Evaluation and Medical Management of Erectile Dysfunction
- Return of Spontaneous Erections in Men with Erectile Dysfunction Shown in New Study. // Urologic Nursing;Dec2001, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p411
Describes the spontaneous erections in men with erectile dysfunction using Caverject (alprostadil for injection). Flow of blood into the arteries of the penis; Improvement of blood flow; Description of erectile dysfunction.
- Tips for primary care physicians who want to get involved with alprostadil for erectile dysfunction. // Modern Medicine;Jun96, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p15
Presents tips for primary care physicians who want to get involved with the use of alprostadil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Misuse of the drug; Contraindications of the drug; Adverse effects of the drug; Effectiveness of the drug.
- Treatment costs tip scales in papaverine's favor. Overmyer, Mac // Urology Times;May96, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the result of the study conducted by urologist John A. Boullier concerning the efficacy and side effects of alprostadil and papaverine hydrochloride as therapy for erectile dysfunction. Similar success rate for both drugs; Difference in cost; Preference for the use of papaverine.
- FDA OKs drug for erectile dysfunction. // Las Vegas Business Press;2/12/96, Vol. 13 Issue 6, Health Scene p6
Reports that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the use of alprostadil as an injectable medication for erectile dysfunction. Marketing of the drug under the name Caverject Sterile Powder; Cautions from the FDA.
- Treatment satisfaction in patients with erectile dysfunction switching from prostaglandin E1 intracavernosal injection therapy to oral sildenafil citrate. Montorsi, F.; Althof, S.E.; Sweeney, M.; Menchini-Fabris, F.; Sasso, F.; Giuliano, F. // International Journal of Impotence Research;Dec2003, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p444
Treatment satisfaction, subanalysed by demographic variables, was evaluated in patients switching from successful intracavernosal prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) therapy to oral sildenafil citrate. The validated Erectile Dysfunction Inventory of Treatment Satisfaction questionnaire was administered at...
- Drop-out reasons and complications in self-injection therapy with a triple vasoactive drug mixture in sexual erectile dysfunction. Casab�, A.; Bechara, A.; Cheliz, G.; Romano, S.; Rey, H.; Fredotovich, N. // International Journal of Impotence Research;1998, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p5
The usefulness, complications and reasons for discontinuing the self-injection program with a combination of papaverine, phentolamine and prostaglandin E[sub 1] were evaluated in 189 patients (mean age 57.2y), who were included from April 1993 to September 1995 (mean follow-up 10.25 months)....
- Alprostadil effective in erectile dysfunction. Dale, David C.; Federman, Daniel D. // Cortlandt Forum;01/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p19
Announces US Food & Drug Administration's approval of intracavernosal injection of the synthetic prostaglandin E1, alprostadil, for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Use of the drug delivery system, MUSE (medicated urethral system for erection).
- Erection without injection. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep96, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p38
Reports on the development of a direct-delivery drug called alprostadil that allows impotent men to have intercourse. Insertion of a narrow-stemmed plastic applicator into the urethra; Advantages of the medication over drug by injection near the penis; Effectiveness of the drug with different...
- Transurethral alprostadil helps restore erectile function. // Modern Medicine;Nov96, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p30
Presents the findings of a study conducted by Thierry Flam, recommending the intake of prostaglandin E1 analogue alprostadil to restore penile erection in men with chronic erectile dysfunction. Elements of the system; Percentage of men able to achieve penile erection in sexual intercourse.