Evaluation of Stigmatizing Language and Medical Errors in Neurology Coverage by US Newspapers
- The one-and-a-half syndrome as the presenting sign of systemic lupus erythematosus. Sasannejad, Payam; Olfati, Nahid; Sabi, Mohsen Soltani; Juibary, Ali Ghabeli // Neurology India;May/Jun2014, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p300
The article discusses the case of a 34-year old patient who was diagnosed with one-and-a-half syndrome as the presenting sign of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). The results of the patient's neurologic examination, laboratory evaluation of blood, cerebrospinal fluid examination,...
- The Babinski sign: 100 years on. Ditunno, John F.; Bell, Rodney // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/26/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7064, p1029
Focuses on the centenary of the Babinski sign, a precise and reliable indicator of neurologic function. Discoverer; Medical significance; Controversy over its relationship with pyramidal defects.
- Sometimes a detailed examination is warranted. Hamon, Angela // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/18/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7114, p996
Presents the author's experience illustrating the need for physicians to conduct thorough neurologic examinations. Types of neurological disorders which quick physical examinations cannot detect.
- The Four-Minute Neurologic Exam. Marshall, Cameron M. // Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association;Sep2012, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p233
The article reviews the book "The Four Minute Neurologic Exam," by Stephen Goldberg.
- The Neurodiagnostic Journal Quiz. // Neurodiagnostic Journal (ASET - The Neurodiagnostic Society);Dec2012, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p374
A quiz related to electroneurodiagnostic technology is presented.
- The Neurodiagnostic Journal Q. // Neurodiagnostic Journal (ASET - The Neurodiagnostic Society);Dec2013, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p347
A quiz concerning neurodiagnostics and neurophysiology is presented.
- Congenital defect of the anterior arch of the atlas: A case report and review of the literature. Karavelioglu, Ergun; Kacar, Emre; Karavelioglu, Afra; Gonul, Yucel; Guven, Mustafa // Neurology India;May/Jun2014, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p296
The article describes the case of a five-year old female patient who was diagnosed with congenital anomalies of anterior arch of atlas. The results of the patient's neurological examination, computed tomography (CT) and cervical spinal T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are presented....
- Click. // Nursing Children & Young People;Apr2014, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p11
The article offers information on several applications that can support clinical decision making, including Paediatric Emergencies, Children's Coma Scale and Vital Values.
- Neurologic Evaluation of a Population Exposed to Arsenic in Alaskan Well Water. Kreiss, Kathleen; Zack, Matthew M.; Feldman, Robert G.; Niles, Clyde A.; Chirico-Post, Jeannette; Sax, Daniel S.; Landrigan, Philip J.; Boyd, Mary H.; Cox, Dennis H. // Archives of Environmental Health;Mar/Apr83, Vol. 38 Issue 2
Investigates the neurological conditions of individuals exposed to arsenic from well water in Alaska. Absence of dose response relationships between arsenic ingestion and peripheral neuropathy; Prevalence of abnormal nerve conduction velocities; Inability of arsenic ingestion to develop...