Har Gobind Khorana--Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine
- The Code-Breakers. // Time;10/25/1968, Vol. 92 Issue 17, p100
The article focuses on the research of the U.S. Molecular Biologists Marshall Nirenberg, Har Gobind Khorana, and Robert Holley, who obtained the Nobel Prize for physiology and medicine for breaking the genetic code in 1968. It states that Nirenberg and Khorana had matched the three-letter...
- The genetic code: Yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Ling, Jiqiang; Söll, Dieter // Resonance: Journal of Science Education;Dec2012, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1136
This issue is a tribute to Har Gobind Khorana who received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1968 for the elucidation of the Genetic Code. Here we present our view of the changing and ever-challenging perception of the genetic code over the last 50 years.
- Nobel tribute to Tagore. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);8/24/2013, p1
The article offers information on the award ceremony organized by the Nobel Foundation to be held in Stockholm, Sweden on December 10, 2013 as a tribute to Nobel Prize in Literature recipient Rabindranath Tagore. It states that Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid was invited for the award ceremony....
- Har Gobind Khorana (1922-2011). RajBhandary, Uttam L. // Nature;12/15/2011, Vol. 480 Issue 7377, p322
An obituary for biochemists Har Gobind Khorana is presented.
- MIT Professor Emeritus Gobind Khorana Dies at 89. // India -- West;11/18/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 52, pA15
An obituary for Har Gobind Khorana, Massachusetts Institute of Technology's (MIT) Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Biology and Chemistry emeritus is presented.
- Har Gobind Khorana, Biochemist and Nobel Prize Winner, Dies. BERNSTEIN, ADAM // News India Times;11/25/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 47, p10
An obituary for Har Gobind Khorana, biochemist and Nobel Prize winner, is presented.
- Editorial. // Resonance: Journal of Science Education;Dec2012, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1119
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various topics within the issue including career stages of the scientist Har Gobind Khorana, DNA polymerase use to grow Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and genetic coding.
- Har Gobind Khorana (1922-2011): Pioneering Spirit. Sakmar, Thomas P. // PLoS Biology;Feb2012, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p1
An obituary for molecular biologist Har Gobind Khorana is presented.
- Notable and anniversary dates in biochemistry for 2007. Voskresenskaya, N. P.; Bylinsky, E. N. // Biochemistry (00062979);Feb2007, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p226
The article focuses on the anniversaries of various events related to biochemistry. The year 2007 marks the 150th anniversary of the discovery of glycogen in liver tissue. It also marks the 150th anniversary of the discovery of trypsin. The 85th anniversary of the birth of biochemist H. Khorana...