Public Choice, Pigouvian and Coasian Planning Theory
Tags: DEVELOPMENT economics
- The `big push' in an open economy with nontradable inputs. Skott, Peter; Ros, Jaime // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Fall97, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p149
Discusses development economics. Concept of the `big push'; Need for a big push in an open economy; Resurgence of the constant-returns-to-scale paradigm; Industrialization; Model.
- Threats to UK development capitalists. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Oct94, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the report entitled `Development Capital in the UK--Responding to Changing Demands?,' published by Ernst & Young. Comments by Nich Pasricha of Ernst & Young; Contact information.
- Development, the state and its leadership in Malawi & Madagascar. Ambert, Cecile // Africa Insight;1997, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the neoliberal development paradigm in Malawi and Madagasca, with reference to the similarities in state characteristics and how the developmental capacity of each state has failed to materialized its social and economic evolution. Reference to a review of the neoliberal approach;...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;3/14/1964, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p168
An excerpt from a restaurant menu regarding the need for industrial development and fish abundance in Manning, South Carolina is presented.
- Editor's Introduction. Yanowitch, Murray // Problems of Economic Transition;May94, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p3
Provides a preview into the May 1994 issue of the periodical 'Problems of Economic Transition.' Debate on economic policy between reformer and hardliners; Overview of articles in the issue.
- Generalized Conclusions from the Experience of Planning Socioeconomic Development in Subjects of the Russian Federation. Nikolaev, M.; Makhotaeva, N. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p50
Analyzes the socioeconomic development planning in Russia. Regional laws and regulations governing the drafting of documents on socioeconomic development; Government agencies responsible for drafting documents on socioeconomic development; Types of planning documents; Trends in development...
- Roadmap for the Knowledge-Driven Economy. // Economic Development Journal;Spring2006, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p54
The article presents information on the 2006 Annual Conference of the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) to be held in New York City, N. Y. on September 2006.
- The experiment in California. Nattagh, Nima // Mortgage Banking;Aug94, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p20
Discusses the effect of developments in the housing market on California's economy. Forces shaping market conditions; Implication of home prices; Link between foreclosure rates and falling prices.
- WHAT'S NEW IN DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS? Ray, Debraj // American Economist;Fall2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p3
Describes the frontiers of development economics. Traditional view on economics in developing countries; Perception on economic development as a coordination failure; Conclusions.