- Taken for a ride. Avila, Alex // Hispanic;Jun1997, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p34
Describes the ups and downs of Hispanic filmmakers in Hollywood. Description of the success of the film `Selena'; Identification of the movie `La Bamba' as a runaway hit opening the door of Latino-themed film projects in the eighties; Presentation of good and bad sides in the release of the film...
- FIFTY LATINO IMPACT PLAYERS. Chagollan, Steve // Daily Variety;3/9/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 50, pA4
The article provides information about the success of Latino entertainers and directors in the motion picture industry in Los Angeles, California. According to a research, 14 percent of Latinos have dominated the film industry. Latinos attest that they have renewed sense of empowerment, pride...
- Sol Dance '08. // Home Media Magazine;2/10/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p18
A photograph of U.S. Latino filmmakers who attended the 2008 Sol Dance Film Festival held during Sundance is presented.
- Moctesuma's revenge. Avila, Alex // Hispanic;Jun1997, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p36
Presents an interview with Moctesuma Esparza, a known Chicano figure in the film industry and producer and principal in Esparza/Katz Productions. Filmmaking in the nineties versus the Chicano films in the seventies; Details about films such as Ceasar Chavez story, life of Federico Garcia Lorca;...
- Latino indie producers set to yak. // Variety;06/26/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 6, p56
Focuses on the second annual conference of the National Association of Latino Independent Producers on July 6 to 9, 2000 in Miami Beach, Florida. Highlights of the conference; Speakers and participants of the conference; Details on several television production-related issues discussed.
- MOCTESUMA ESPARZA. Hernández, Greg // Hispanic;Nov2005, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p38
The article features film producer Moctesuma Esparza. In late July 2005, he opened the first of a planned chain of multiplexes called Maya Cinemas in Salinas, California, where two-thirds of the population is Hispanic. According to Esparza, there is a lack of modern entertainment centers in...
- SHOWTIME NOD TO VALENCIA. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;8/20/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 34, p3
Reports on Showtime's selection of George Valencia as the winner of its annual Latino Filmmaker Showcase. Bases for the selection of Valencia.
- Taking Control of Media. Horwitch, Lauren // Back Stage West;2/21/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
The article offers information on the ninth annual conference of the National Association of Latino Independent Producers which will be held in Dana Point, California from March 7 to 9, 2008.
- Rodrigo Garcia. Puig, Yvonne // Daily Variety;3/9/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 50, pA6
The article profiles motion picture director Rodrigo Garcia in Los Angeles, California. Garcia was a cameraman before directing his film "Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her." He also writes script for motion pictures. In addition, Garcia is one of the 50 Latinos who successfully...