Rules for selling success -- how do you rate?
- The sales actions to be remembered are the ones bought. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/05/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p12
Explores surprise elements designed to create memorable customer experiences during the sales process. Creation of value; Interaction with prospects during the sales presentation; Ways of providing off business experiences.
- Make the customer feel at home. Perlik, Allison // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p87
Highlights the importance of relating to prospects on a personal level in order to make the best sales presentation. Tips for making customers comfortable; Importance of having a thorough knowledge of procedure.
- Handling objections. NORMAN, DAN // Benefits Selling;Jun2009, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p72
The article gives suggestions on how to handle objections posed by prospective customers to a product being sold to them. It says that the key lies in listening to gain understanding, instead of thinking about one's response while the customer is objecting. It points out that it is also...
- Make More Sales By Establishing Trust. // Sales Leader;Mar2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
The article offers tips for salespeople on establishing trust with clients. A salesperson must understand the point of view of a client before presenting his or her own opinion. The author also suggests keeping all promises and commitments with the client as well as maintaining a high level of...
- Selling At Any Level: You're The Difference. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/5/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p29
The author talks about the sales profession. He emphasizes the different types of sales service and the money involved in the transaction. He says that the comfort zone is the point where one believes that one can make sales and live on that income. He believes that one's job in sales has...
- Smart Salespeople Have Perfect Pitch. Gitomer, Jeffrey // njbiz;10/6/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p19
No abstract available.
- Forget Closing Tactics--Openings Count. Gitomer, Jeffrey // njbiz;11/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p23
Presents tips for sales people on closing sales deal. Factors to consider in closing sales deal; Tips on the line of questioning that make prospects consider a product; Step in assessing the way sales person present product or service; Advice on presenting a product to prospective buyers.
- Persistence can sell even discolored breakfast food. Robertson, Kelley // Sell!ng;Dec2003, p3
Considers persistence as a sales technique. Importance of identifying and meeting the needs of customers; Use of terms that prospects and customers can understand; Information on how to deal with objections; Details of product presentation.
- SELL!NG TIPS. // Sell!ng;Feb2005, p2
Offers tips on selling products and enhancing customer relations. Reminders on talking to customers through the telephone; Advice on sales presentations; Factors to consider in sending electronic messages to consumers.