Top 10 x 2
- 'Rituals' gallery. // Quilting Arts Magazine;Oct/Nov2012, Issue 59, p40
Photographs of the quilts representing the sample of pieces accepted into the Rituals juried invitational exhibition are presented.
- photo finish: Improve your quilt photography with a few easy steps. Elkins, Maria // Quilting Arts Magazine;Oct/Nov2012, Issue 59, p48
The article suggests steps to take quality photographs for documenting quilts. Using a design wall from a piece of thick foam insulation board with black and white fabric pinned to its sides is offered as a backdrop. Placing pins with very small heads along seams is revealed to hide them. A...
- CANDID Angels. Stock, Bill // Angels on Earth;Nov/Dec2006, p37
The article relates the author's experience in taking photographs of the annual quilter's drive at the North Como church. Every December before the ladies donate their original, handmade quilts to charity they are laid out to be photographed. The author described a quilt decorated with a band of...
- They'd Walk a Mile. // Fiberarts;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p21
The article discusses the use of cigarette and cigar packages in an exhibit. The author says that in the late 19th century, tobacco companies in the U.S. began luring female consumers with fabric premiums tucked onto cigarette and cigar packages. At that time, most women sewed. They collected...
- RESULTS FROM THE 'Tag, You're It!'. // Quilting Arts Magazine;Oct/Nov2011, Issue 53, p48
The article presents photographs of art quilts sent by readers for the "Tag, You're It!" Reader Challenge organized by the staff of "Quilting Arts Magazine," which include one about the reader's dream, one that displays the tagline "Peace Love a Goat," and one that shows the artist's philosophy...
- Christmas Ribbons. // Weekend Quilting Wonders;2007, p84
The article offers step-by-step instruction for making Christmas Ribbons bed-size quilt with strips sets and framed square designs.
- APPLE OF MY EYE. // Log Cabins Today;2011, p144
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating a wall quilt that features apple patterns using the Courthouse Steps technique.
- FINISHING INSTRUCTIONS. // Log Cabins Today;2011, p173
The article offers step-by-step instructions for finishing a quilt project.
- Fancy Fishies. // Quiltmaker;Jan/Feb2014, Issue 155, p42
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a quilt with fancy fishes design published in support of Project Linus, an organization that provides hand-made blankets for seriously ill or traumatized children.